Heads Up for Trixxee!
  Re: (...)
Trixxee, just saw an ad for 60 Minutes and sounds like they are doing a segment on Zenyatta tonight. I don't usually watch this, but I think I'll tape it - what a filly!! And, I know she is your love.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Heads Up for Trixxee! by cjs (Trixxee, just saw an...)
Wow! I'll have to check that out!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Heads Up for Trixxee! by Gourmet_Mom (Wow! I'll have to c...)
My goodness! DH had the TV on ESPN watching the race, and I saw the ad for next weekend's Breeder's Cup. They highlighted your filly in the ad! Called her the greatest horse in years! I've got my cooking school thing Saturday, but if I'm home in time, I'll be parked in front of the tube with a glass of wine to toast her win!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Heads Up for Trixxee! by Gourmet_Mom (My goodness! DH had...)
I can't believe you remembered my girl, Jean! I have my DVR all set up since we'll be T or T'ing at that time. I have a big bbq/party set for next Saturday. My sister and I have been planning this for two months. Even my 4 and 7 year old nephews love Zenyatta, along with my son. Mandatory family attendance. The cherry cola ribs will be served.

The champagne will be poured prior to the race and we will all toast Zenyatta. I am going to be a nervous wreck watching this race. Even if she loses, the excitement and happiness she has brought to my family won't wane one bit. Sheesh, I'm getting choked up just thinking about her.

Daphne - she has won 19 out of 19 races. She is undefeated. I am so thankful we got to see her race in August. What is so nerve wracking about her style of running is she is always, always in last place and then beats them all. Here is her last race in case you want to see it. I get the chills every single time I watch any of her races. I thought this one on Oct. 2 was particuarly exciting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dq8fAQ6yjo
  Re: Re: Heads Up for Trixxee! by Trixxee (I can't believe you ...)
I didn't know about the race next Saturday, but we sure will watch it!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Heads Up for Trixxee! by cjs (I didn't know about ...)
It'll be here last race ever Jean so try to catch it. I believe it will be on ESPN2 and post time is 3:45pm pacific time.

Another cute tidbit about her - her trainer puts cotton in her ears during a race because the crowd goes so wild and loud, as you can hear from the above video!
  Re: Re: Heads Up for Trixxee! by Trixxee (It'll be here last r...)
Oh my, I didn't know it was her last one! I know I won't be missing it now. BTW, I'm seeing it on regular ESPN here at 3:30 pm EST. Since I'm sure the race won't last 165 minutes, I'm guessing there will be other races included, as well as horse info.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Heads Up for Trixxee! by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my, I didn't know...)
Exactly. Between Friday's and Saturday's races, there are 14 total races in the Breeder's Cup worth $23 million in purse money to the winners. Best two days of horse racing of the year. Lots of international horses making the trip to KY too. I'm so happy you guys will be watching! It is so much fun!

Here is the schedule.
http://www.breederscup.com/worldchampionships.aspx
  Re: Re: Heads Up for Trixxee! by Trixxee (Exactly. Between Fr...)
I have a note taped to my desk lamp to start watching at 12:30 p.m. - don't want to miss a thing on that day.
www.achefsjourney.com