Sunday's Dinner - 10/31??
  Re: (...)
It's almost NOVEMBER!!! And, I almost forgot this thread again...

What's on the menu for everyone on this Halloween night?

We are finally having a dish I had the recipe for laying on the island for at least a month! Orecchiette with White Beans & Pesto. Have to look at the store for a veggie.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? by cjs (It's almost NOVEMBER...)
Oooh that sounds so good.

We have a left over steak I'm going to slice it up and fake a stroganoff - some rice and a nice big salad.

Yesterday we ventured out and went to The Delta Farmers' Market All I can say is WOW - we'll be doing most all of our produce shopping there, beautiful.

It was neat - we ran into my first Boss here on the Delta. Might be some open doors there. It's really nice because it's only a few miles from us and closer than the grocery store.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? by cjs (It's almost NOVEMBER...)
I'm seriously considering an old family Sunday dinner: Chicken Pastry, butter beans, collards, chicken salad, and deviled eggs. On this perfect fall day, this is the ultimate comfort food at my house.

Oh, I totally forgot! This meal wouldn't be complete without fried corn bread!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm seriously consid...)
Woke up to a blankie of light snow, flurries on and off today, but again not sticking
Going for a nice walk and then maybe I'll feel like cooking something. In the meantime I'll keep checking this thread for inspiration.
Daph, are you walking the lake today?? Hope so
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? by farnfam (Woke up to a blankie...)
I need to! I'm still trying to finish up grades. But I think I'll take a break later this afternoon and go for a walk. William and I have talked about starting a walking regime. It has finally gotten cool enough to enjoy it. Last week we were back up into the 80s! But today is GREAT!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? by farnfam (Woke up to a blankie...)
Well Cis won't get much inspiration from me. It's Halloween so it something quick: frozen pizza.

Now tomorrow it will be an Italian Fiest: Spaghetti, Meatballs and Marinara, garlic bread, salad and an Antipasto platter with tomatoes, mozzerella and pesto, also salami wrapped breadsticks, and some red wine.

But today is just easy.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? by Gourmet_Mom (I need to! I'm stil...)
Cis-- SNOW?!?! I guess that it's time,though, especially up there where you are. I don't think that I've ever had tomatoes in the garden on Halloween, though...

Sunday Pizza Night. Tonight I think that I'll just brush the dough with garlic oil, sprinkle with mozzarella, add some tomatoes and hot peppers, then a little parm.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? by foodfiend (Cis-- [i]SNOW[/i]?!?...)
That Orecchiette with White Beans & Pesto is just wondeful for such a simple/nothing dinner!! It's out ot the Carb's Lover book. Really good.

Made the Chocolate Gingerbread cake today also, for Roy's B'day tomorrow - had a slice before sending it around the neighborhood.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner - 10/31?? by cjs (That Orecchiette wit...)
We're having a CI recipe - Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. The recipe makes two pies, so I froze the stuff for one last time I made it. It'll be a perfect dinner at the end of a really busy weekend.