Apple Clafouti Review - CAH #83
  Re: (...)
Made this dessert for Sunday dinner. Wow! It was so good and very easy. No alterations on the recipe. Didn't have an apple liqueur so I used Brandy. It comes out of the oven puffed and then settles. I served it with vanilla ice cream. The fellows had seconds on dessert!

The recipe says that a clafouti is usually a cherry dessert. I'd be interested in having that version as well. [Image: 75019_10100261806873740_1940219_60671386_1138811_n.jpg]
  Re: Apple Clafouti Review - CAH #83 by HomeCulinarian (Made this dessert fo...)
MMMMMmmm, looks very tempting
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Apple Clafouti Review - CAH #83 by farnfam (MMMMMmmm, looks very...)
Oh Jeannette, that looks so good. I do love Calfouti!

Here's a simple good recipe -

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cherry Clafouti

1 pound Dark cherries, fresh or canned -- pitted
4 Eggs
12 fluid ounces Milk
2 ounces Granulated sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 ounces All-purpose flour
Powdered sugar -- as needed

Drain the cherries and pat them completely dry with paper towels. Arrange then evenly on the bottom of a buttered 10-inch (25-centimeter) pan. Do not use a springform pan or removable-bottom tartlet pan.

Make the custard by whisking the eggs and milk together. Add the sugar, vanilla and flour and continue whisking until all the lumps are removed.

Pour the custard over the cherries and bake at 325°F (160°C) for 1 to 1-1/2 hours. The custard should be lightly browned and firm to the touch when done.

Dust with powdered sugar and serve the clafouti while still warm.

Yield: 1 Cake, 10 In.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : Clafouti is a country-style dessert from the Loire region of France and is similar to a quiche. Stone fruits such as cherries, peaches or plums are baked in an egg custard, then served piping hot or at room temperature.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Apple Clafouti Review - CAH #83 by cjs (Oh Jeannette, that l...)
thanks for the review! I have been eyeing that one. Now I just need an excuse to make it.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Apple Clafouti Review - CAH #83 by chef_Tab (thanks for the revie...)
I've been wanting to make a Clafouti ever since Julie and Julia. I'm thinking I'll have to try Jean's Cherry version...I love cherries!

Like Theresa, now to come up with an excuse to make it!

Thanks for the review and the reminder, Jeannette!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Apple Clafouti Review - CAH #83 by Gourmet_Mom (I've been wanting to...)
Not really sure what a clafouti is, but that looks wonderful.
  Re: Apple Clafouti Review - CAH #83 by HomeCulinarian (Made this dessert fo...)
I made it this past weekend as well; a welcome change from apple pie and an instant favorite. Very good and very easy, it didn't last long!
The photo looks just like mine, I think we may have the same pie plate as well!
  Re: Re: Apple Clafouti Review - CAH #83 by homecook (I made it this past ...)
Welcome to the forum, homecook!
  Re: Re: Apple Clafouti Review - CAH #83 by HomeCulinarian (Welcome to the forum...)
Welcome to the neighborhood, Homecook!! Hope you'll join in the conversations often.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Apple Clafouti Review - CAH #83 by cjs (Welcome to the neigh...)
I'll add my welcome, too, Homecook! I hope you'll hang around and talk food with us often.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.