7 Cedars Sweet Potato Nachos
  Re: (...)
Played with making sweet potato chips today - darn telephone!!

[Image: P1010016.jpg]

Worked much better at 375° F for 4 minutes, turn pans, 2 min. turn chips over and a couple of 1 minute checking after each minute.

[Image: P1010018.jpg]

Then on to the Sweet Potato Nachos

I combined:
8 oz. pulled pork
2/3 cup Bourbon BBQ Sauce (C@H recipe)
Set aside.

Prepped
1 cup thinly sliced red onion
2 jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced – clean as much of seeds/membrane as you like
2 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
4 oz. (1 cup) good Jack cheese (I used Beecher’s) ( www.beecherscheese.com )

I spread a thin layer of chips on an oven-proof dish and heated in a 350°F oven for ~6 minutes; then added a layer of the pork, tomatoes, cheese, jalapenos, and red onion. Return to oven for another 5-6 minutes. Top with one more layer as before and bake 5 more minutes.

[Image: P1010020.jpg]

The flavor is wonderful , but most of my chips were not crisp enough to eat out of hand, but that didn’t bother me at all – I not against using a fork. Roy gave this dish a 9 because he had trouble eating some of the chips. I didn’t, so I gave it a 10. Loved the flavors.

Next to try will be Tex-Mex Nachos using tortilla chips and a more Tex-Mex flavored pulled pork. Will do soon – anxious to compare.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: 7 Cedars Sweet Potato Nachos by cjs (Played with making s...)
Those look great! Yummmmmmy
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: 7 Cedars Sweet Potato Nachos by Harborwitch (Those look great! Y...)
It looks yummy, Jean. I'll have to tell William about this one. I bet he'd try a modified version with SP fries and BBQ venison....kinda like chili cheese fries!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.