How to save the e-recies
  Re: (...)
I am new to this forum so excuse me please. I am sure this questioned has been answered before, but I would like to know how to save the e-recipes for future use.
  Re: How to save the e-recies by TheMom (I am new to this for...)
I don't remember if this has been asked and/or answered before, but when I want to store them, I save to MasterCook - do you have this program?

And, welcome to the C@H forum - nice to see another new member.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: How to save the e-recies by cjs (I don't remember if ...)
Yes I do have MasterCook and I have not used it like I should. I am trying to figure out how to save/back up MC to my external drive.

Do you have to copy and use the import assistant?

Please tell me how you save to MC. Thank you for the welcome
  Re: Re: How to save the e-recies by TheMom (Yes I do have Master...)
Welcome to the forum TheMom! We are always happy to have new members join in.

On my version of MC, I am no longer able to use the import assistant like I used. Don't know why. So, I just copy and paste now or manually type it in. Someone else might be able to help you with the import assistant.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: How to save the e-recies by Mare749 (Welcome to the forum...)
I use the import assistant, but I want CJS to tell my how he copies his e-recipes to MC. Do you save the e-recipes Mare749?
  Re: Re: How to save the e-recies by TheMom (I use the import ass...)
I use the web import tool and save the recipes to MC.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: How to save the e-recies by esgunn (I use the web import...)
I use the RSS feed to save them.
  Re: Re: How to save the e-recies by HomeCulinarian (I use the RSS feed t...)
First of all, I'm not a 'he' - I'm woman!

My latest version of MasterCook or this darn new laptop won't let me import the way I used to either - as Maryann was saying.

I do as she does, highlight, copy, and paste using these steps in M.C.

Open a cookbook and right click on the envelope icon "Import, Export, or E-mail recipes" then click on "Import Assistant" (It's the icon on the right hand side of your screen, the third from the bottom)

that brings up a box to paste the copied recipe in, then hit keys 'control' and 'A' at the same time and it highlights what you have added to the box. then click on the 'Auto-Fill' button and magically, your recipe will be in place.

But: you have to make sure of the following protocol (if you will) in how it is laid out in the import box:

Title
(line space)
Ingredients
(line space)
Directions
then you can add any notes you want to.

I hope this makes sense to you, 'TheMom' - by the way, I'm Jean (retired female chef)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: How to save the e-recies by cjs (First of all, I'm no...)
I do what Jean does, with one exception. I add a line space between each step of the instructions.

If I'm adding more than one recipe, I use Internet Explorer where my web import tool still works.

In using that tool, you highlight each part respectively and click on where it goes. Title, ingredients, etc. Once I've copied each part of the all the recipes, including the picture (if there is one), I click List at the top of the bar and then Add to MasterCook at the bottom of the new window. You will be prompted to tell MC what cookbook to put the recipes in. All recipes are then magically added to MasterCook. It's a great feature!

Jean, do you use IE? If so, I found my MC icon when I clicked on the double arrows >> on my tool bar on the far right.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: How to save the e-recies by cjs (First of all, I'm no...)
Thanks Jean. I do apologize. I guess when screen names are used we really don't know. I'm Lydia by the way. I love to cook and I just don't have time to save recipes to the MC. It takes time to sit down and use the software. I was doing it the way that you mentioned. Are you using MC11?

I'm finding that saving the html is easy for me and I can carry them with me on my thumb drive. I also made folders and sub-folders to sort the recipes.

Thanks everybody for you help.