Sat. Night Dinner Plans?? 11/6
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

We're having loin steaks and I froze a couple of muffin-size mac & cheesees for us when I made it for my aunt, so we'll splurge and have those with it. Probably some asparagus also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sat. Night Dinner Plans?? 11/6 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
International Dinner Group tonight....Middle Eastern...YUMMMMMM.....can hardly wait.
  Re: Re: Sat. Night Dinner Plans?? 11/6 by piano226 (International Dinner...)
Still looking for some inspiration. Could use a pot of soup as it turned cold and snowed last night. Maybe beef barley, and since I don't have any bread, think I'll go start some Cuban bread right now.

Ron piped up with it's a good day for chili, so that's simmering on the stove making the whole house smell good!
  Re: Re: Sat. Night Dinner Plans?? 11/6 by Mare749 (Still looking for so...)
My ham hock and bean soup are simmering on the stove. I have a loaf of speedy no knead bread rising and a bottle of Conquista Malbec wine waiting in the wings for later.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Sat. Night Dinner Plans?? 11/6 by luvnit (My ham hock and bean...)
I have been craving sauerbraten but no energy for the real deal, so I might make my cheater version and serve it on potato dumplings with braised red cabbage. I also might be dreaming too big at this point.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Sat. Night Dinner Plans?? 11/6 by chef_Tab (I have been craving ...)
Oh my, we just had the greatest dinner!!! Loin strip, mac & cheese and balsamic/good sh*t asparagus with a bottle of Gilbert's (WA winery) '06 Allobroges (Syrah 60%, Grenache 22%, Mourvedre 18%) - wonderful with every bite of dinner!!

Hey, Marina, wonderful to see you again, how are you doing? Still making those beautiful costumes??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sat. Night Dinner Plans?? 11/6 by cjs (Oh my, we just had t...)
Well, since I was gone most of the day, I'm not cooking. When I called William to let him know I was on my way home and no idea of what to have for dinner (totally out of ideas on the fly), he said he had plenty of venison sausage, slaw, and BBQ pork left over from his hunter's Saturday lunch. So that's gonna be dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sat. Night Dinner Plans?? 11/6 by Gourmet_Mom (Well, since I was go...)
Mac a cheese and I splurged and added onions and bacon to it! YUM! Carrots and broccoli.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Sat. Night Dinner Plans?? 11/6 by esgunn (Mac a cheese and I s...)
Got some ribs and made THIS.

WOW! What a keeper! Fantastic!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sat. Night Dinner Plans?? 11/6 by labradors (Got some ribs and ma...)
We went back to Joan's today. Joan and I sliced all the bacon and pork jowls, since the smoker was still "smoky" we threw some cheddar cheese in there with some mesquite chips.

While that was smoking we made 4 little pizzas for "dinner". I'll post some pictures tomorrow - used the dough recipe from Pizza Pizza Pizza (but used truffle oil). First was figs (from the fig tree we gave Joan), prosciutto, and gorgonzola with a balsamic drizzle. Next, the last of the Trufflestack, mushrooms, and Cambazola!!! OMG Third was our homemade bacon, mozz., goat cheese, & basil. The last was prosciutto, mozz, green onions, Italian 4 cheese blend, and basil. OMG talk about stuffed.

Joan was surprised - she loved the figs.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!