What's for Dinner - Tues., 11/9?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I'm anxious for this one, haven't had it forever!!!! Taco salad - I just love this dinner. Might even start with Sex on the Beach...and go from there. Been a long time for both......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Tues., 11/9? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
If I can get to the store, I'd like to make your stuffed acorn squash recipe from yesterday.

If not, apricot almond chicken over jasmine rice and steamed carrots (might as well stick with the orange theme).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues., 11/9? by Trixxee (If I can get to the ...)
I don't have time to run to the store, so after rummaging through the pantry, fridge, and freezer, I came up with chicken marsala. I'll probably serve it over pasta with green beans.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues., 11/9? by karyn (I don't have time to...)
Carful your eyes don't turn orange, Trixxee!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
It's only Tuesday! Feels like Friday already!

I have been so busy and am realizing that I have too many projects going on, too many irons in the fire. I have decided to STOP THE INSANITY, take a few days off and think about what I need to cut out of my life and what I need to pay more attention to.

What does all this have to do with dinner tonight? Well, I am sure you can all relate to cooking as therapy. I do a great deal of thinking while I am prepping food or simmering stock.

I spent a gret deal of time today at Sam's Club $245 worth of time. Got a lot of fun things to cook with this week. But for tonight it will be Bistecca Sandwich with Roasted Pepper Mayonnaise and Ina Garten Roasted Shrimp with Thousand Island Dressing . I am really loving Ina these days.

Here is the recipe in case anyone is interested in making it.

Roasted Shrimp with Thousand Island Dressing
, 2006, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved

Prep Time:5 minInactive Prep Time:--Cook Time:6 minLevel:
EasyServes:4 servings. Ingredients

•1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
•1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
•1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
•1/2 tablespoon olive oil
•1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
For the dressing:
•3/4 cup mayonnaise
•1/4 cup ketchup
•1 teaspoon minced capers
•1 teaspoon minced gherkins
•1 tablespoon sweet pickles
•1 teaspoon lemon juice
•Pinch kosher salt
•Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Place the shrimp on a sheet pan and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Pour the olive oil and juice over the shrimp, and roast in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes.

For the dressing, place the mayonnaise, ketchup, capers, gherkins, sweet pickles, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl, and stir until blended. Serve with the roasted shrimp.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues., 11/9? by luvnit (It's only Tuesday! ...)
copied.

I think I'll add some minced garlic to the olive oil and lemon juice - roast at 450, but she has the times right for me.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues., 11/9? by cjs (copied.[br][br]I thi...)
Quick and easy tonight. Grilled cheese on 12 grain bread, (I have a smoked baby swiss) and tomato and roasted red pepper soup. We had appointments both before and after dinner, so that seemed like an easy plan.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues., 11/9? by Mare749 (Quick and easy tonig...)
everyone is having such great meals! Maryann, I have been yearning for a wonderful grilled cheese sandwich lately. The smoked baby swiss sounds devine.

And who doesn't love Ina? Her recipes are all winners.

I made the ribs from the C@H slow cooker book. Very yummy. Had a salad with Larry's Italian dressing, and it tasted better than ever. I had to sub thai garlic chili sauce for the tabasco. Might make that a new addition. So glad my taste buds are back
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
Honey, I'm home!

We picked up a couple of beautiful pork chops that I'm going to stuff with apple and not sure what else yet. We'll have a baked acorn squash, and ????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tues., 11/9? by Harborwitch (Honey, I'm home![br]...)
Well, we had a Curriculum night tonight at school. It was supposed to be held from 5:30 to 6:30....only two showed up. Then at 6:30, two more showed up...thinking it was from 6:30 to 7:30. OIY! We did a quick run through, and set out at about 6:50. That threw dinner off. So I opted for a quick and easy stand-by that I haven't had in a couple of weeks....Chicken Piccata over linguine with steamed broccoli. I'm so glad to have discovered this dish. The flavors are so bright and tart, and I can whip it out in the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.