Taco Salad
  Re: (...)

[Image: CIMG0112.jpg]

'nuf said
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Taco Salad by cjs ([br][img]http://i3.p...)
I have been craving taco salad for a couple of months. It's been on my list for a while. Mine will not look as lovely as yours. That is quite attractive indeed!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Taco Salad by luvnit (I have been craving ...)
How pretty, Jean. Is that like a thousand island dressing on the salad? We love taco salad and I haven't made it for a while now. Glad you posted this!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Taco Salad by Mare749 (How pretty, Jean. I...)
The recipe I have is my MIL and I think she uses Doritos and Western Dressing.

I feel like this is a deja vu conversation about taco salad. I feel like I remember taht so many loved the thousand I island instead of Western.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Taco Salad by luvnit (The recipe I have is...)
I mix salsa with 1,000 isl. dressing. It was so good and I, too, have been craving this for quite a while.

Felt so proud pigging out, went to the dr. today and with the weight loss, my blood sugar is really going down and my cholesterol (good and bad) is where it ought to be. So, this eating dinner mid-day is sure paying off.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Taco Salad by cjs (I mix salsa with 1,0...)
the salads look like works of art, Jean! Is there any meat under there somewhere?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Taco Salad by cjs (I mix salsa with 1,0...)
Your taco salad looks beautiful! The dressing is quite different from what is served in the south. Why don't you post your version of this salad. I love taco salad too!

Barbara
  Re: Re: Taco Salad by bfg (Your taco salad look...)
Laura, does the version from your MIL have cooked ground meat in it, then crushed doritos and western dressing on the top? That's the first recipe for taco salad that I was given many years ago and it's still our favorite.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Taco Salad by Mare749 (Laura, does the vers...)
Always meat and I make it differently probably everytime I make it - this time, I mixed some refried beans with the meat for the base and then (as with tacos) - lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives, onions. And taco and/or salsa.

Never tastes the same twice. I have added chips at time also, that's a good version, too.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Taco Salad by cjs (Always meat and I ma...)
Oooooh looks good Jean!

Congrats on your doctor visit! That's great news.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!