What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/11/10??
  Re: (...)
What's of everyone's menu for today??

I think I'll mix some of the filling we had with the acorn squash the other day with some pasta and call it dinner.

I have one more dessert to make for my tasting tomorrow, Fig & Goat cheese squares. Think I 'll play with a couple sauces to serve with the Chocolate Gingerbread cake slices, if chosen. Right now, its caramel vs. a cider sauce which looked good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/11/10?? by cjs (What's of everyone's...)
Arepas, otra vez
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/11/10?? by labradors ([i]Arepas, otra vez[...)
I'm pretty sure it's going to be Kung Pao chicken, steamed rice, and broccoli. We're having the most gorgeous Indian summer this week, so meals have been quick and easy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/11/10?? by labradors ([i]Arepas, otra vez[...)
I'm prepping Sausage Stuffed Peppers and Chicken Balsamico. I'll let William decide which we have tonight. The other will be on hold for a quick and easy tomorrow night.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/11/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm prepping Sausage...)
Possibly a chicken, barley & vegetable soup but I'm still undecided. I've been wanting to make that pork tenderloin and pears with vanilla cider cream sauce but I may save that idea for the weekend.

It's funny - on my facebook page The Noble Pig Winery is one of my "friends" and they always post such nice recipes. Guess where they are adapted from? Almost exclusively from C@H. Good taste!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/11/10?? by Trixxee (Possibly a chicken, ...)
It's college boy's birthday today and he ordered pan fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans & apple pie. So that's what we'll be having!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/11/10?? by HomeCulinarian (It's college boy's b...)
Jeannette, that's one of the dinners that was my mother's favorie to fix for the family - the only addition would have been strawberry jello with bananas! Oh, I loved that dinner.

"It's funny - on my facebook page The Noble Pig Winery is one of my "friends" and they always post such nice recipes."

guess I'd better check this one out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/11/10?? by cjs (Jeannette, that's on...)
I'm going to give Yucatan Pork Tenderloin a try. It's a recipe that FC sent out in their daily e-mail yesterday. Since it's in the 70s today, I'm going to grill the pork rather than using the oven. I really like the flavor grilling adds to almost everything.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/11/10?? by karyn (I'm going to give [u...)
That looks really good, Karyn. I'll be anxious to hear how it turns out.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 11/11/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (That looks really go...)
We have to eat some leftovers, the fridge is getting full. Lots of good stuff to choose from....thai salmon, gumbo, and slowcooker spare ribs. Wonder which one hubby will choose
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!