Off Topic
  Re: (...)
Although, it does have connections to food. I think many of you like the cooking style of Giada, so this may interest you.

Italian Film Legend Dino De Laurentiis Dies at 91
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Off Topic by Gourmet_Mom (Although, it does ha...)
I think early on in her shows she mentioned him. He certainly had a long, full life.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Off Topic by cjs (I think early on in ...)
It seems I wasn't thinking about the fact that most of you would have very little connection with this like I do...unless you're a movie buff...other than Giada. My connection is a little different. De Laurentiis brought Hollywood, to NC! He came to Wilmington for a filming for a movie and liked the area so much, he opened a studio here. The studio is now owned by Screen Gems, but De Laurentiis was responsible for one of Wilmington's nicknames, Hollywood East.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Off Topic by Gourmet_Mom (It seems I wasn't th...)
OMG! I had totally forgotten about that! When we lived in NC, we often went to Wrightsville with friends. Their cottage was not beach front, but was only two houses away from the De Laurentiis'. We used to spend the entire weekend (between chasing toddlers) seeing if we saw anyone famous...

One of my least favorite things about living in Atlanta is that we don't get to your part of the world anymore.