T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 11/12
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We ended up eating at the neighbor's - they had a few of us over to see the reaction of their son when they showed him his birthday car. Oh my, what an excited 17 year old he was!!

Remember your first car? Mine was a CJ5 jeep - had to share it with my sister, tho. What a fun ride it was.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 11/12 by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Mine was a light blue '67 Mustang.

Today is a non-school day so while Michael does something with Legos, I'm going to grab all my weeknight and cuisine to two books and a cup of coffee and choose something.

I doubt I can top last night's dinner though. Pork tenderloin with carmelized pears and a vanilla cider cream sauce over mashed potatoes. It was a masterpiece.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 11/12 by Trixxee (Mine was a light blu...)
Mine was a '57 Ford Fairlane 500 with a police engine--would do 130--outran any Chevy in the county. Robert Mitchum drove one in Thunder Road.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 11/12 by Old Bay (Mine was a '57 Ford ...)
but.....what's for dinner, Bill??? (geez, bring up cars and....)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 11/12 by cjs (but.....what's for d...)
We're having Jean's garlic shrimp. Ron asks for this regularly now. I was thinking of using it to top some pasta.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 11/12 by Mare749 (We're having Jean's ...)
oh, I had dinner planned....garlic shrimp over pasta...
www.achefsjourney.com
I learned to drive in a 65 Lincoln Continental. It was in the 70's. But a 66 was my car for many years. Hey Bill that's one of my favorite movies.

I got some "flap meat" last night - I think fajitas or Korean. Korean sounds good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Quote:

but.....what's for dinner, Bill??? (geez, bring up cars and....)

We're going out for Mexican food--in my '05 Ford Explorer!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 11/12 by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'm sure glad all your company is gone, Bill and you're back with us!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 11/12 by cjs (I'm sure glad all yo...)
Settled on cilantro shrimp scampi over rice and a salad. No trip to the store necessary then.