What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

We're having another stir-fry, from Grace Young's book, Chinese Indian Vegetarian Fried Rice. This one has an interesting premise - hot cooked rice for a stir-fry, which has always been a no-no!!

From the book's decription: " When I mentioned that Chinese fried rice is always made with cold cooked rice, the chef explained that they use basmati rice to suit Indian tastes.

Basmati rice is naturally fluffier and drier than the more traditional long-grain rice, so it can be stir-fried right out of the pot."

Anxious to try this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Would like to hear more about that one, Jean. Quite a while back, I splurged at an import store and bought a 25-pound bag (only size available at the time) of basmati rice, so I shan't be running out of THAT for a while!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I am told we are having sashimi tonight. So far this is unconfirmed - but I'm crossing my fingers.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? by Harborwitch (I am told we are hav...)
25 lb. bag!! I'll be sure to let you know how this works, Labs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? by Harborwitch (I am told we are hav...)
We have been invited to a dinner party, so it will remain a surprise until dinner is served. We hardly know the hosts, and have never met the other guests so I am a bit nervous.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? by chef_Tab (We have been invited...)
Take a beer with you, Theresa - you'll be fine...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? by cjs (Take a beer with you...)
yes, much beer and a bottle of wine
Theresa

Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? by chef_Tab (yes, much beer and a...)
No cooking today except for the birthday cake I baked for Ron. I did cook a big birthday breakfast this morning, so he will be fine for quite a while. We have a play to go to tonight and always eat light beforehand so we don't fall asleep. I'm thinking a chef salad with chicken will be enough as we always go out for a snack afterwards.

Tomorrow will be his birthday dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? by chef_Tab (yes, much beer and a...)
I think I'll make Vicci's dinner tonight. I should be fixing the Chicken Balsamico, but that's on the back burner for a few days.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sat. 11/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I think I'll make Vi...)
Happy Birthday Ron!!! Have a great evening out.
Theresa