C@H's Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich Review
  Re: (...)
Did a search and couldn't find where anyone had written up a review of this. What a great combination of flavors and just the right amount of heat that goes so well with coleslaw on the sandwich. Used the 'family' coleslaw.

We both really liked this one. Has anyone else made it? I'm playing with making some bacon out of two pork shoulder pieces and with the parts I didn't use for bacon, I put into this recipes. The house smelled so good all day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: C@H's Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich Review by cjs (Did a search and cou...)
This is good to know, Jean. We always have chopped BBQ here, but I'd love to give pulled pork a try. The only pulled pork I've ever had has been when we'd do a whole pig and I was lucky enough to be around when Dad pulled the ribs....YUMMMY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: C@H's Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich Review by Gourmet_Mom (This is good to know...)
Which issue is it in, Jean? We loved pulled pork.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: C@H's Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich Review by Lorraine (Which issue is it in...)
Geez, Lorraine, you're dingier than I am today. Look at the title of the thread.....

"C@H's Slow Cooker....." the publication.

If you don't have it, want me to post it??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H's Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich Review by cjs (Geez, Lorraine, you...)
Geez, not one of my better days. I'd love the recipe, pls!
  Re: Re: C@H's Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich Review by Lorraine (Geez, not one of my ...)
I'll type it up this a.m.
Here you go, Lorraine -

Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwich

FOR THE SPICE RUB-
2 Tbsp. each kosher salt, brown sugar, and chili powder
1 Tbsp. black pepper
2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
FOR THE SANDWICHES-
5 lb. boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed, strings removed if present
2 onions, sliced
3/4 cup purchased barbecue sauce, divided
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
8 Kaiser rolls, cut in half
1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
1/2 red onion, sliced
Purchased vinaigrette

Combine salt, brown sugar, chili powder, black pepper, oregano, and cayenne for the spice rub.

Rub pork shoulder with all of the spice mixture to coat. Place onions, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, and broth in a 6- to 7-qt. slow cooker, stirring to combine; top with pork. Cover; cook until pork is fork-tender, on high- heat setting for 5-6 hours or on low-heat setting for 7-8 hours.

Transfer pork to a platter along with 1 cup cooked onions; discard remaining contents of slow cooker. Using two forks, shred pork. Return pork and onions to slow cooker. Add remaining 1/2 cup barbecue sauce to slow cooker; toss pork to coat with sauce.

Serve pork on rolls topped with lettuce, red onion, and 1-2 T. vinaigrette. (I used coleslaw)

C@H Slow Cooker Menus

Makes 8 sandwiches (10 cups meat)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5-6 hours (high heat)
7-8 hours (low heat)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H's Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich Review by cjs (I'll type it up this...)
Thanks, Jean! We have a few pork butts in the freezer.
  Re: Re: C@H's Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich Review by cjs (I'll type it up this...)
Yummy, thank you...

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: C@H's Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich Review by pjcooks (Yummy, thank you...[...)
It sure was a good one.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H's Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich Review by cjs (It sure was a good o...)
Jean, William picked this for one of our dinners. Poor thing, he's at the doctor now. I gave this crap to him, I think. Anyway, we always use a vinegar base BBQ for Pork BBQ...what do you think? I'm thinking of using my dad's which is basically vinegar, a little sugar, salt, red pepper flakes, simmered for a while until you get the heat you want.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.