T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/19??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu tonight?

Daphne's been talking about chicken pot pie and I had coupons for two boxes of pie crust, why do I buy things just because they are a good price??? We sure won't eat FOUR pumpkn pies - well, I would love to, but...

So, I'm thinking I'll make a pot pie too. - sounds so good and comforting and haven't made one for years.

tonight we're having another carb lover day - Shrimp stir-fry with ginger and the later snack will be zucchini & potato scramble with bacon (will use a couple pieces of Canadian bacon instead of the turkey bacon they call for).
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/19?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
We'll be eating up leftovers to make room in the fridge for Thanksgiving foods.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/19?? by HomeCulinarian (We'll be eating up l...)
I think I'm aiming for a creamy chicken, mushroom and rice soup. With fresh "everything" bagels. It's almost impossible to find a decent bagel in So. Cal. but we do have one chain called Bruegger's that are the closest to the bagels I grew up with on Long Island.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/19?? by Trixxee (I think I'm aiming f...)
TGIF my a$$. Went to the doctor again and now it's two weeks of antibiotics plus steroids. NO BEER or alcoholic beverages? Not even on Thanksgiving....with inlaws? This must be a nightmare I am having.

Ok, for dinner it is oven fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and peas. with a virgin cranberry cocktail. hmph.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/19?? by chef_Tab (TGIF my a$$. Went to...)
Oh, Theresa, it sounds like the infection I ended up with over Labor day - I thought I was never going to get back to 100%. I'm so sorry to hear you're going thru this. Poor babe.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/19?? by cjs (Oh, Theresa, it soun...)
Poor Theresa! After being happy to feel better yesterday, I'm feeling lousy today. Steaks, taters, and salad here. Little or no cooking required. Hopefully a little wine will perk me up some. It's like a yucky head cold.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/19?? by Gourmet_Mom (Poor Theresa! After...)
Yes, you know you all have to drink for me too now! Sharon said she and Bob would do their part. I just called Wally to ask him to bring me a good N/A.
Theresa

Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/19?? by chef_Tab (Yes, you know you al...)
I'm always willing to do my part.... hic (I'm having a Pineapple Martini right now.)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/19?? by cjs (I'm always willing t...)
Quote:

I'm always willing to do my part.... hic (I'm having a Pineapple Martini right now.)

I wish I could at least sniff it
Theresa

Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 11/19?? by cjs (I'm always willing t...)
Quote:

I'm having a scotch!! Really, my Holly is bringing her family & my grandkids--we will have great Mexican food at La Casita about 8:00. We are cooking a turkey for our food pantry as we speak--taking it to the Presbyterian Church tomorrow AM , sliced. (We are Methodists, but love everybody!!) Saturday, we are having CAH Bolognese pasta, Caesar salad, and garlic bread--Tiramisu (sp?) for dessert--the kids get muffins!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".