What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 11/23?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

My planned menus for the next few days may be screwed up - seems like I need one or two ingredients to make a couple of test recipes..... and Roy has no business out on the roads as icy as they are.

So, it may be soup and sandwiches..
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 11/23? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Don't sweat it, Jean! I'm still in the air. I think I'll go look through recent magazines and threads to find something interesting. But I do have the ingredients for Lasagna Soup or Spaghetti to fall back on. I'll head to the store shortly for Thanksgiving stuff for a marathon tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 11/23? by Gourmet_Mom (Don't sweat it, Jean...)
Tonight it will be a Sunset Magazine recipe - chicken and winter greens over pappardelle. I made it once before and it was very good.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipe...0001683589
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 11/23? by Trixxee (Tonight it will be a...)
I took out a pork tenderloin to make with some Peach salsa and rice.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 11/23? by HomeCulinarian (I took out a pork te...)
I'm seriously thinking about doing the Cherry Cola Ribs with some potato salad and slaw. I'm also going to pick up the ingredients for either the Pulled Pork Sandwiches that Jean reviewed, or the pot roast that Denise reviewed to put in the crock pot tomorrow morning so dinner will be ready when I finish my Thanksgiving prep work.

I'll give William the choice of the three and I'll go from there.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 11/23? by HomeCulinarian (I took out a pork te...)
I might make the Jambalya on the Grill that we love so. I am feeling pretty sluggish though, so we might end up with take-out. I made the turkey gravy, cranberry sauce, and stuffing to take for Thanksgiving. Still want to bake some muffins to take for the car ride. Maybe a nap is in order
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 11/23? by chef_Tab (I might make the Jam...)
We are still not sure what to have. I am cleaning house and we leave in the morning to head Up North for Thanksgiving. I don't really want any leftovers hanging out in the fridge while we are gone. Plus, I need room for my turkey dinner on Saturday. Gosh I can't wait to cook that. I am soooooo looking forward to my own turkey dinner.

The menu is planned and since I am POSITIVE that someone will serve a pecan pie on Thanksgiving, I am making Jean's Pineapple crisp for dessert. I gotta find that recipe, it was pre Mastercook for me.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 11/23? by luvnit (We are still not sur...)
Good Lord, that one was 9 pages long...

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...part=1&vc=1

there you go, Laura.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 11/23? by cjs (Good Lord, that one ...)
Thank you Jean! I was gonna do it myself. Thanks for saving me the time. I told my mom about this, but she never made it. Now she will have it on Saturday. Plus, I will get my books (of yours) back from her.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Tuesday, 11/23? by luvnit (Thank you Jean! I wa...)
Ron needs comfort food (he went back to work this week) so I made a meat loaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and dinner rolls. This is another one of his favorite meals.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."