What's for Dinner, Thanksgiving Eve, 11/24/10??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?? (any room in the fridge for more food?)

I'm up in the air - not sure if Don will even get up here. It's snowing again (according to Steve Poole, it wasn't supposed to....). So, I have some soup and goodies for a sandwich in a pinch.

Don, if he comes, is stopping at Central Market on his way.....

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and everyone stay safe on the roads and in your kitchens!!! We'll meet right back here Friday or Saturday!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thanksgiving Eve, 11/24/10?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Well, the kitchen is cleaned, dinner is on, and I'm ready to get my mise en place. I've decided to make both cheese cakes, so that requires a quick trip to the store for more cream cheese. I figure I'll get the mise en place first to make sure I didn't miss something. I really don't have that much to do, it doesn't seem. I made a schedule last night. We'll see how things go. So far so good.

Dinner is the Slow Cooker Classic Pot Roast with Mashers and peas.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thanksgiving Eve, 11/24/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, the kitchen is...)
I have leftover eggplant parm from the other day, so we'll have that and a side of some kind of pasta.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thanksgiving Eve, 11/24/10?? by Mare749 (I have leftover eggp...)
Opting for the french onion salisbury steak and mashed potatoes. We'll be eating a lot of potatoes in the coming couple of weeks as a 10 pound bag was 69 cents.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thanksgiving Eve, 11/24/10?? by Trixxee (Opting for the frenc...)
Well, I ended up pooping out last night so we are having the jambayla on the grill this afternoon. Since the weather is calling for freezing rain tomorrow morning, we are leaving this evening instead.

I wish everyone safe travels and a holiday filled with good food and loved ones. Happy Thanksgiving!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thanksgiving Eve, 11/24/10?? by chef_Tab (Well, I ended up poo...)
Well, Don is not going to make it, he just calleld. So it's back to 'snow day' menu. Soup and sandwiches.

But, my pumpkin pie is in the oven, my 'pork butt bacon' is air drying in the garage (hope it doesn't freeze) and the duck will be taking its place soon. Pizza dough is made, so that will be a back up plan also. maybe some crab pizza.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thanksgiving Eve, 11/24/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well, the kitchen is...)
Quote:

I really don't have that much to do, it doesn't seem.

Daphne! NO!!! Take that back, toss salt over your shoulder, knock on wood, whatever but every darn time I say that before an event something ends up happening and I then run very late!!!

Good luck...

Oh, and I have no idea what will be for dinner... there's a plumber in our (only) bathroom tearing apart the toilet and another in the laundry room tearing apart that water line and it looks like they'll be here for quite some time. Since I have no prep to do for tomorrow, I'm doing office work until they're gone. I do know that I'm not drinking any liquids for several hours!!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thanksgiving Eve, 11/24/10?? by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh, Vicci, that's terrible. I hope you thought to stock up on some in the fridge.

Luckily, I have all day and evening. I won't leave for Mom's until tomorrow morning. My biggest worry at the moment is getting everything there in one piece, and making sure everything gets there.

Jean, did I just notice you said crab pizza? HMMMMM? I think that may have to be on my menu for Friday.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thanksgiving Eve, 11/24/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, Vicci, that's te...)
Vicci, I hope you get running water and a functional bathroom soon!

Tonight is brisket taco night with all the fixings. I cooked and shredded the beef yesterday. It's one of those dishes that tastes better the next day, like most braises.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thanksgiving Eve, 11/24/10?? by karyn (Vicci, I hope you ge...)
I have a feeling it will be roasted turkey legs from the make ahead gravy! Either that or leftover chicken ragu sauce and pasta I made the night it snowed.

We are down to 11 from 18 for T-day dinner. Not many are willing to brave the long travel (1 hour) in good weather with unkown conditions.

Jean - did you see you may get more snow before it turns over to rain sometime tomorrow?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.