green pumpkins?
  Re: (...)
I picked several ripe pumpkins which are being used here and there, but I also decorated the porch with a lot of pumpkins that weren't quite ripe (mostly green, with a blush of orange). Are these edible? And if anyone has the answer to that, perhaps a recipe suggestion or two as well?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: green pumpkins? by foodfiend (I picked several rip...)
Vicci, how does this sound??

"Using an unripened pumpkin: peel, seed and slice very thin, then proceed with an apple pie recipe using the pumpkin instead of the apples, it is very good and if you slice the pumpkin right it even looks like apple pie, i got this out of a little house on the prairie book and have tried it, it is good, you just might need to add a little more sugar than normal as the pumpkin is not sweet like an apple would be"
:
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: green pumpkins? by cjs (Vicci, how does this...)
Have you ever seen the white ones they're growing now? And there are orange and green spotted ones, too. There are so many more varieties out there anymore!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: green pumpkins? by BarbaraS (Have you ever seen t...)
Jean, that sounds so interesting! I wonder if I dare to make it this weekend instead of a pumpkin pie? I have a lot of canned pumpkin (thanks to Sam's Club) but those can always be used for pumpkin bread and muffins... I'll let you know!

Barbara, I grew little white ones a few years ago and they looked adorable mixed with the mini-orange ones. I should remember to order the seeds for next year (yeah, right!).
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: green pumpkins? by cjs (Vicci, how does this...)
Jean that sounds really really interesting!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!