Freezing Cheesecakes
  Re: (...)
Has anyone made a savory cheesecake and frozen it? We need to do that for one of our parties. Would two weeks work in the fridge instead of freezing? All we need is two weeks.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Freezing Cheesecakes by Old Bay (Has anyone made a sa...)
Bill, I don't know. I would think that if the cream cheese was fresh, it would be fine to hold in the fridge, depending on what is mixed with it. Cream cheese lasts quite a while in the fridge.

At the risk of hijacking your thread, I need to know about the best way to freeze sweet cheesecakes. I can't help but think that the answer to both our questions would be the same. I am wondering if I would be better off to slice mine?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Freezing Cheesecakes by Old Bay (Has anyone made a sa...)
I've successfully frozen a roasted red pepper cheesecake, as well as sweet cheesecakes. I just wrap them very well in Saran, then in foil.

Hope this helps.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Freezing Cheesecakes by pjcooks (I've successfully fr...)
Thanks PJ!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Freezing Cheesecakes by pjcooks (I've successfully fr...)
We thought it was ok. Thanks--so much!! Have a happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Freezing Cheesecakes by Old Bay (We thought it was ok...)
I used to make and/or buy cheesecakes for my Mom, section them and freeze them in individual pieces - it always worked so well.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com