So, What's on the Menu For the Leftovers? 11/26
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to today?

Well, there were two pieces of pumpkin pie left and I just had one with my coffee. Hopefully, since it's my favorite, Roy will say, "oh you have the last piece"!!!!

I'm going to play with scallion pancakes again today since I still have some duck left. Leftover shrimp fried rice, too, so we're all set.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: So, What's on the Menu For the Leftovers? 11/26 by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
I brought home the turkey carcass, but left the meat with Mom since her company is still around. Since Bo, Jill's son, has been so patient to do things she wanted to do, she promised to take him to Myrtle Beach today. So no visit with "the boyfriend". Oh well!

I'm not really in the mood to make leftover soup, but I don't have any ideas, either. I may just run to the store for a couple of steaks. Although, William and OS are staying out at the farm, so I may just clean out the fridge.

I DID bring home a ton of pastrami, salami, and Brie. So I may play with some of that.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: So, What's on the Menu For the Leftovers? 11/26 by Gourmet_Mom (I brought home the t...)
"pastrami, salami, and Brie."

PIZZA TIME!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: So, What's on the Menu For the Leftovers? 11/26 by cjs ("pastrami, salami, a...)
Pizza is on the menu for tomorrow night. Since it probably just be me tonight, I thought I'd try this: Bistro: deli roast beef covered with caramelized onions, Brie cheese and crisp bacon served on a walnut bun. (I'll sub the rye bread I brought home for the bun.)

I was searching for ideas and found this really cool site for sandwich ideas: 101 Sandwich Stuffers Using Roast Beef
Daphne
  Re: Re: So, What's on the Menu For the Leftovers? 11/26 by Gourmet_Mom (Pizza is on the menu...)
I'm at work *grumble* We don't get the day after off. So tomorrow is my left over day!

I want to play with a thanks giving pie idea using the leftovers as the base. Like dressing for the crust etc.

With the brussel sprouts I'm thinking of a creamed soup, maybe add some leeks.

Also dressing hushpuppies are still screaming at me. Oh maybe put a bite of sausage in the middle of the dressing, dip in egg and crumbs and then fry. Oh oh ...what about a piece of cheese?
  Re: Re: So, What's on the Menu For the Leftovers? 11/26 by DFen911 (I'm at work *grumble...)
We're having filet of sole with leftover bacon braised brussel sprouts and leftover baked scalloped potatoes.

What I am really looking forward to though is lunch - two chicken enchiladas from Wahoo's. Yum.
  Re: Re: So, What's on the Menu For the Leftovers? 11/26 by Trixxee (We're having filet o...)
I remember the days when we had to work the Friday after Thanksgiving, used to hate it! Feel for you, Denise!

Man, Daphne, now there are 101 reasons to buy a big beef roast, that's for sure.

Well I found about 50 ideas for using leftover pate, so have frozen a bunch of little pkgs. to play later.

Froze some of the duck also - so many ideas running thru my head....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: So, What's on the Menu For the Leftovers? 11/26 by cjs (I remember the days ...)
No leftovers, left all that at the SIL's.

Doing chinese tonight. The local restaurant in town makes a really great wonton soup. I'm feeling a litle under the weather - stuffed up and scratchy throat - and their soup is my comfort food.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: So, What's on the Menu For the Leftovers? 11/26 by BarbaraS (No leftovers, left a...)
Barbara, I hope you feel better soon! I hate getting sick right before a weekend or holiday. No doctor. That's why I got so sick last weekend. Mine went into bronchitis.
Daphne
  Re: Re: So, What's on the Menu For the Leftovers? 11/26 by Gourmet_Mom (Barbara, I hope you ...)
Oh Daphne, that's terrible! I hope you're feeling better.

I think this was brought on by my BIL suddenly wanting to come down for an overnight visit to see the Mom after T-Day. I had no time to pick up the house or clean the baths, so I made the Hubby do it. Took him 40 minutes to wipe down the upstairs bath (he didn't do the tub). He now has a deep appreciation of what I go through.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.