Strudel Video
  Re: (...)
The other day, I mentioned watching an Ultimate Family Thanksgiving Feast show. There was one group of ladies who moved to America from somewhere in Western Europe. ANYWAY, the lead cook made a strudel. It was fascinating to watch her work that dough. She was so fast and perfect. I got curious about this method of stretching dough like that, I looked it up. This video gave me better understanding of the method. But if you get to watch the show, it's worth it just to see this lady make this strudel. Her finished strudel was twice the size of the one in the video. She didn't put all her filling at the end, she "dolloped" it all over the dough (I think). It was so fascinating.

Apple Strudel Video
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Strudel Video by Gourmet_Mom (The other day, I men...)
I've seen this done and it is just fascinating!! You can see thru the darn dough!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Strudel Video by cjs (I've seen this done ...)
I couldn't believe how expertly she worked that dough! She'd make the guy in this video look like an amateur!

BTW, this made me remember Mom's Apple Dumplings. While on the phone with her a minute ago, I asked her again how she made them. This time I explained it well enough to spur her memory, and she rattled off my grandmother's recipe! YAH! I just sent Will to the store for pie crust. (No way, could I make pie crust like they did...used lard!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.