What's on the Menu, Monday 11/29?
  Re: (...)
It's almost December..... can that possibly be?

So, what's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I'm doing the shopping for the winery do on Friday, so we'll probably grab lunch somewhere and call it dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's on the Menu, Monday 11/29? by cjs (It's almost December...)
I felt like cr@p all weekend - we skipped dinner last night so I guess the turkey tortilla soup - but with leftover turkey instead of ground.

I'm going to try to get in to the md. today and figure out what the h3ll is going on. Then we're going to take a small road trip - "get out of Dodge" since we haven't been more than 25 miles from home in a while.

So dinner depends on the road trip that depends on the doctor.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Monday 11/29? by Harborwitch (I felt like [url=mai...)
Southern Living's Melt in your Mouth Braised and BBQ'd chicken. Made it once before it we gobbled it. Asparagus on the side.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipe...0000491309
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Monday 11/29? by Trixxee (Southern Living's Me...)
That sounds like a great recipe, Trixxee. Copied and saved until the great hunter returns.

Dinner tonight will be something at the Outback. Meeting friends for dinner and that's what they picked. So, probably will have a small filet, baked potato and salad.

I am planning to make Jean's new recipe for "Chili Con Queso Bocados" for Heather to take to work. The nurses like to bring goodies in to put on the table in their lunchroom. I've been wanting to try this recipe, but don't want to eat the whole dish myself, so I'll send it to work with her.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Monday 11/29? by Mare749 (That sounds like a g...)
I'll make my usual turkey noodle soup tonight... While it's cooking I'll make the dinner I prepped this morning from the NYT cook book - Asian flank steak with a red cabbage slaw and some rice as a side - a 1999 recipe.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Monday 11/29? by HomeCulinarian (I'll make my usual t...)
Boys returned from a hunting trip (more like tromping thru the snow, freezing their asses off)and ate every single bit of leftovers. That was on Friday
For tonite, I've got citrus & balsamic grilled chicken thighs, Brussels sprouts, and Gorgonzola polenta planned.
Loved having Casey, hubby, and in-laws over, but also enjoying the peace and quiet now too
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Monday 11/29? by farnfam (Boys returned from a...)
Cis, I think that's one of the things that makes having guests such a pleasure. There's the excitement of planning and cooking for them and then you get to enjoy the peace afterward more than you did before they got there.

I decided to put my turkey carcass in the freezer to save for next weekend when the temps are going to start dropping dramatically. I also froze the leftover turkey for playing later. I decided not to make ourselves sick of it but pull it out from time to time to enjoy later.

That being said, I'm making plain ol' spaghetti with a salad and garlic bread.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Monday 11/29? by Gourmet_Mom (Cis, I think that's ...)
Temps have dropped here. It's cold today! I decided to try a Dorie Greenspan recipe called Hachis Parmentier (basically a French shepard's pie). It's smelling really tasty right now.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Monday 11/29? by karyn (Temps have dropped h...)
You sent me to 'google' Karyn! Wow, does this look good or what!!!

http://www.eatlivetravelwrite.com/2010/1...armentier/
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Monday 11/29? by cjs (You sent me to 'goog...)
That does it! Granny Warren's Hamburger pie is on the menu for this week! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.