O.T. "Flat Daddies" for the Military
  Re: (...)
Saw this on the news last night and was just in tears. What a wonderful way to keep Daddies & Mommies fresh and loved in a child's mind and eyes. Even the baby was familiar with Daddy when he came home.

http://www.parade.com/news/2010/11/28-wi...-here.html

Of course, I thought on you,Erin, and the kids and thought how fun to see a 'flat Daddy' in the stands at gymnastics!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: O.T. "Flat Daddies" for the Military by cjs (Saw this on the news...)
What a wonderful idea! I wonder - could that be extrapolated to "Flat Family" too - maybe miniature so they'd fit some where safe?????

Erin this is seems like such a great idea for you and the kids. We had so much fun taking Flat Maggie around with us!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: O.T. "Flat Daddies" for the Military by Harborwitch (What a wonderful ide...)
Oh dear....the tears are just rolling. What a wonderful concept.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: O.T. "Flat Daddies" for the Military by Gourmet_Mom (Oh dear....the tears...)
I LOVED that story. What a wonderful family and idea.
  Re: Re: O.T. "Flat Daddies" for the Military by karyn (I LOVED that story. ...)
What I would like to know, are there any families on this board that would like a "Flat Parent/Sis/Bro/Relative"?

My Hubby and I are into Giving this year and hopefully rounding up others into the same thing.

Actually, it's a big thing at work - USO and sponsoring sailors in ports away from their homes.

My hubby's nephew is in the Marine Corps, and we couldn't be prouder of him. He decided this on his own and he's very happy with his decision.

Hubby was in the Navy.

I can remember sending Billy a ton of stuff a year ago to send. I can do this again. If anyone has an Armed Forces addy to send stuff to, let me know.

Barbara

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: O.T. "Flat Daddies" for the Military by cjs (Saw this on the news...)
Thank you Jean! I sure hope he doesn't have to deploy this spring. I guess we are in Wait and see mode. I have also seen little stuffed dolls/shapes with the daddy or mommy's picture printed on them. My sister was going to make a quilt with fabric that had special printed pictures on it of the kids with their daddy. There are so many ways you can keep the person alive. The internet (If they have access) is such a blessing.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: O.T. "Flat Daddies" for the Military by esgunn (Thank you Jean! I ...)
Erin we'll be crossing our fingers for you and your family!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: O.T. "Flat Daddies" for the Military by Harborwitch (Erin we'll be crossi...)
It was really amazing, Erin - the baby of the family in the article was just an infant when he left and having "flat Daddy" in her everyday life, she wasn't the least bit afraid of him when he came home. Just broke my heart.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com