What's for Dinner - Wed. 12/1??
  Re: (...)
Ho, Ho, HO!! It's December - where has this year gone???

What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We'll be eating out of the freezer - have some cornbread saved out (plus a little honey/butter) for us and a container of ham and Navy bean soup, so that's probably it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Wed. 12/1?? by cjs (Ho, Ho, HO!! It's De...)
I am in the mood for something GOOD, really GOOD. Not sure what though. Hopefully someone will give me some inspiration.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
That sounds so good, Jean. It's snowing today and that would be the perfect meal. I'll have to pick up some beans.

Heather wants to go to the West Side Market today, but we won't go until later this afternoon since she wants to pick up gyros from one of the stands that has been shown on food network a few times. We'll see if it's all that....
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Today is laundry day so I'm not sure. Freakin' cat decided to wake me up by peeing on the bed - AGAIN. Grrrrrrr. That'll get your blood pumping in the AM.

I'd like a nice roast chicken - I've still got carrots, parsnips, lemongrass, etc. to make a Marcus Samuelson recipe. I've also got some brussels sprouts and turnips - lots of veggies. I'll have to go shopping in the freezer.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed. 12/1?? by Harborwitch (Today is laundry day...)
Have a meeting after work at church followed by a dance class - waltz turns! So, I've taken some marinara out of the freezer and we'll have spaghetti with Italian sausages and a quick salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed. 12/1?? by HomeCulinarian (Have a meeting after...)
Navy bean soup does sound like the perfect dinner.....too bad we are having leftovers. But at least they are the kase spaetzle. It's snowing here too and I don't want to go out.

Sharon, I assume you have had this cat checked for a UTI and crystals? Sometimes they are just vindictive. One of mine will pee on anything left on the bathroom floor. At least she trained Wally to pick up his clothes.

And Jeanette, could your life get any more fabulous? sheesh. Dancing midweek, now that is living.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed. 12/1?? by chef_Tab (Navy bean soup does ...)
I think we'll try to get him an appointment - but I think vindictive is the word here. His food is in the bin over my side of the bed.

Since I don't always sleep well Bob lets me sleep in. Some mornings the cat starts trying to wake me up as soon as Bob takes the dogs outside. Cat claw up the nose, kitty kisses leading up to a chomp, head butting me, and this is the 2nd time he's peed on the bed - first time was 5" from my head! Last time was just on a washable quilt. This time it involves a quilt and a dry clean only duvet cover!!! (Oh and all the sheets, & mattress pad)

Right now he's trying to figure out why I'm not happy with him.

[Image: IMG_6995.jpg] We've had him for 11 years, since he was 5 weeks old. Spoiled rotten cat.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed. 12/1?? by Harborwitch (I think we'll try to...)
We had our navy bean and ham soup earlier in the week!

I'm really cheating tonight - picking up pork fried rice from our favorite Chinese place and I'll top it with fried eggs and soy sauce, Maui style.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed. 12/1?? by Trixxee (We had our navy bean...)
"And Jeanette, could your life get any more fabulous? sheesh. Dancing midweek, now that is living."

amen to that!!

And, speaking of Asian food, we ended up having dinner at our favorite Asian place (So Ho Bistro) here in town. Roy had one of the best dishes we've ever tasted there. "Seven Flavor Beef, Pork (he chose), or Chicken" (meat) fragrant with seven flavors of lemon, peanuts, Hoisin, dry chillies, basil, garlic and ginger. It was just wonderful!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Wed. 12/1?? by cjs ("And Jeanette, could...)
Semi prep day today (brunch on Sunday). Pork steak in red sauce in the slow cooker. The weather has turned cool, so I thawed some ham stock yesterday, and started a bean soup (using habas beans from Maryann ). That'll keep us warm the next few days.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.