A Pizza to Top All Pizzas!!!!!
  Re: (...)
You really don't need to know Italian to enjoy or be completely turned off by this video.... I want a bite!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AANoGUD2h...r_embedded

I have an idea, let's do one of these when we all get to Linda's retirement abode!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A Pizza to Top All Pizzas!!!!! by cjs (You really don't nee...)
I'll stick with the regular crust. Thank you. I prefer my meat to not look like the animal. Especially since watching Dirty Jobs last night and the challenge was to guess how long pig carcasses had been dead and rotting. Even Mike Rowe could hardly keep from gagging.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: A Pizza to Top All Pizzas!!!!! by chef_Tab (I'll stick with the ...)
I think he parbaked the crust--thank God!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: A Pizza to Top All Pizzas!!!!! by Old Bay (I think he parbaked ...)
Was that just ham and cooked Italian Sausage he put on after the cream sauce (béchamel?)? Even if it wasn't, I think my cholesterol went through the roof, just watching...LOL!

On a serious note, I'm curious enough about the flavors to try some pulled pork on a pizza in the near future. I'll have to think about this. Also, there's one problem with HIS pizza...no crispy crust.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A Pizza to Top All Pizzas!!!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Was that just ham an...)
Pulled pork is great on a pizza with a strong cheese - camenbert(how the heck do you spell that - too lazy to look up), a good strong gruyere, oh yeah.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Pizza to Top All Pizzas!!!!! by cjs (Pulled pork is great...)
I love pulled pork on pizza. Actually, the Neely's have a recipe I really enjoyed <a href="http://" >here</a>. I don't follow it exactly, but it's a good starting point to play with. I always have a variety of cheeses when we do pizza, so I'm sure there was more than mozzarella (I should really keep better notes!), but I really enjoyed the dipping sauce.
  Re: Re: A Pizza to Top All Pizzas!!!!! by karyn (I love pulled pork o...)
Thanks for the tips, Karyn.
Daphne
  Re: Re: A Pizza to Top All Pizzas!!!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the tips,...)
Definitely don't need to know Italian, since the video is not IN Italian - it's Portuguese!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: A Pizza to Top All Pizzas!!!!! by labradors (Definitely don't nee...)
You know, I wondered about that, Labs. I didn't think it sounded like Italian. The queso was another tip off.
Daphne
  Re: Re: A Pizza to Top All Pizzas!!!!! by labradors (Definitely don't nee...)
Quote:

Definitely don't need to know Italian, since the video is not IN Italian - it's Portuguese!

No wonder it sounded more Spanish than Italian!! Very good Labs!!! I think the folks in Spain look down on the Portugese version as inferior, and likewise the Portugese think the same of Spain!! Ah, neighbors. I think the Brazilians speak Portugese, don't they?? Everybody else in SA a version of Spanish?. We'll be in Chile and Argentina in January--are their languages similar?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".