Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
  Re: (...)
Can anyone post or guide me through finding a copy of the banana foster bread pudding recipe from the December 2007 or 2008 magazine issue?
  Re: Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by Chef (Can anyone post or g...)
Here are all the Banana recipes from the magazine. I don't see a Bread Pudding in the list. Perhaps it's in one of the special cookbooks? I can't look until later tonight. Someone else will come along soon and help you out!

banana recipes
bread, 24:16, 54:5, 71:32
cream pies, 1:42, 49:48
-croissant bread pudding, 26:30
enchilada, 44:52
Foster, 25:7, 43:21
ice cream, 75:21
peanut butter, chocolate bombe, 75:25
-pecan topping for waffles, 19:37
shortcake, 69:49
smoothies, 16:20, 16:21
spice muffins, 66:27
split tartlet, 26:44
with strawberry syrup, 65:31
stuffed French toast, 25:9
-sweet potato mash, 64:9
trifle parfait, 49:52
whole wheat pancakes, 7:18
winter salad, 79:21
  Re: Re: Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by HomeCulinarian (Here are all the Ban...)
There's a Grilled Bananas Foster recipe in one of the Grilling books and an Island Bananas Foster recipe in one of the Weeknight Menus books, but neither of these resemble a bread pudding of any kind.

I'm wondering if it's the croissant bread pudding that Jeannette listed. I don't have that issue, so I can't check. Hopefully somebody else will be along to help. I checked all the special issues that I have, but I don't have them all.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by Gourmet_Mom (There's a Grilled Ba...)
Issue 26 is from 2001 - the Croissant bread pudding is from a collection of New Orleans recipes. Doesn't seem to be a match.
  Re: Re: Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by HomeCulinarian (Issue 26 is from 200...)
Maybe he'll/she'll come back on and give us more info.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by cjs (Maybe he'll/she'll c...)
Okay, so we've narrowed it down to the Holiday Menus 1 book. I don't have it. I'm sure someone here has it. It's just a matter of time, Chef.

BTW, welcome to our forum! I hope you'll visit our forum often and participate in our discussions. We LOVE talking about food and recipes! We'd love a review of the bread pudding recipe you are seeking.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, so we've narro...)
Thanks for the encouragement. It is for a dinner party that I am hosting this Saturday. Wish me luck on finding my copy of the magazine or someone coming up with that recipe!!!! Thanks for all your help.
  Re: Re: Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by Chef (Thanks for the encou...)
My copies of the mag. are in storage - can you share if you find it please please.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by Harborwitch (My copies of the mag...)
got it!!!I'm typing so hang tight, you'll have it soon!

Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
Makes 12 servings, total time 1 ¾ hours
Melt and add; crush:
6 T unsalted butter
¾ cup brown sugar
2 T dark rum
1 t ground cinnamon
5 ripe bananas, sliced into 1” chunks
Whisk together; fold in:
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups whole milk
4 eggs
¾ cup sugar
½ t table salt
12 cups challah bread, cut nto 2” cubes
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar, rum and cinnamon, and cook until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute. Add bananas, cook 2 minutes, then off heat, and crush them lightly into small pieces using a potato masher.
Whisk cream, milk, eggs, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl; fold in bread and banana mixture. Let stand 30 minutes to allow bread to absorb liquids. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees; coat 3 qt baking dish with non stick spray.
Transfer bread mixture to a prepared dish and bake until top is crisp and brown, about 45 minutes. While pudding bakes, prepare the sauce and whipped cream.
Remove pudding from oven and let stand 15 minutes before serving. Spoon into serving dishes, drizzle with rum raisin sauce and top with a dollop of Chantilly cream.

Chantilly Cream
Makes 2 cups; total time 5 minutes
Beat 1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup sour cream
2 T powdered sugar
Beat all ingredients together in a bowl with a hand mixer to soft peaks. Chill until ready to serve.

CAH Holiday Menus P 96
  Re: Re: Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by HomeCulinarian (got it!!!I'm typing ...)
Rum Raisin sauce
Makes 2 3/4 cups
total time: 10 minutes

Simmer: 1 cup brown sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup golden raisins
2 T dark rum
pinch of salt

Simmer all ingredients in a a saucepan over medium high heat. Cook stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved. 3-5 minutes.