T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/3??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We have the winery do, so will just pick. And tomorrow a.m. we leave on another great adventure. Gert is shaking out her feathers, she's so excited to get on the road again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/3?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I'm going out for lunch so probably something light, maybe soup. I bought some green lentils the other day to make a lentil soup with curry that is in bon appetit this month.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/3?? by Mare749 (I'm going out for lu...)
It is cold with flurries so soup is in order. I am going to try to duplicate my mom's beef vegetable soup. We will have some baked potato skins on the side.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/3?? by chef_Tab (It is cold with flur...)
When I boiled a chicken to have meat for chicken salad and other things, I enriched the cooking water with some bouillon and added some cloves of garlic. After removing the cooked chicken, I crushed the cooked garlic so it became part of the broth. Then I added some rice-stick noodles, soy sauce, fish sauce and chili-garlic sauce, so I have some soup all ready - plus chicken salad for some sandwiches and the chicken legs for whatever else I decide.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/3?? by labradors (When I boiled a chic...)
Rob, you are so clever! How is it that you are single?

Maryann, you are having too much fun with Ron away. Now get busy drawing up the business plan for our hot dog stand!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/3?? by chef_Tab (It is cold with flur...)
Well all this soup talk has inspired me to make soup for today. I will get my buns cooking! Literally, I will bake some buns to go with the soup tonight.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/3?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Tonight there is going to be a "reconcilliation dinner'. Two of our dearest "boat rat" friends had a huge falling out this summer - not a good thing. So tonight we are all getting together for dinner.

Appies and drinks here in our RV and dinner @ Francois' trailer next door.

Not sure of the appie yet, but Francois bought some beautiful fillets, I'm making a greek salad with Israeli couscous, bread, and Francois is grabbing some asparagus. Sounds like a great meal will be had.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/3?? by Harborwitch (Tonight there is goi...)
Dancing friends are meeting up at the bowling alley for pizza. Might join them if Hubby gets off work in time.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/3?? by chef_Tab (Rob, you are so clev...)
"Maryann, you are having too much fun with Ron away. Now get busy drawing up the business plan for our hot dog stand!"

Theresa, I do have fun while Ron's away. It sure beats sitting in the house missing him and feeling lonely. So, I always make plans for every day that he is going to be gone, then the week just flies by and before I know it, he's back home. Of course, my plans don't usually involve so much eating out, so I'll be doing damage control next week!

We should start thinking of a name for our business and find a really great location to work! Maybe our forum friends will have some suggestions....
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 12/3?? by Mare749 ("Maryann, you are ha...)
We're going out to dinner and a live performance of A Christmas Carol in Atlanta. I'm looking forward to it!