Food of the month clubs???
  Re: (...)
Has anyone ever given or recieved food from one of these clubs? Meat of the month, fruit of the month, cookie of the month, cake of the month?

We are trying to give gifts that do not require someone to have more "stuff", but that they will enjoy - consumables. I am thinking of cake of the month for BIL and family and maybe cheese or cookie of the month for my Mom. But I just have no experience with these clubs or the quality of the food.

Any input would be appreciated.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Food of the month clubs??? by esgunn (Has anyone ever give...)
A few years ago when DH was working on a large project, the general contractor went him a fruit-of-the-month gift and it was awesome! I loved getting these boxes of perfect, fresh, and sometimes fruit that was too pricey in the stores for frugal me to buy... I was disappointed when the project ended! I'm fairly certain that it was Harry & David.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Food of the month clubs??? by foodfiend (A few years ago when...)
I have never had the pleasure to receive a monthly gift, but I had an aunt that sent us wonderful meat and dessert from Pfealzer every year for Christmas. We made it a very special dinner and toasted her before enjoying it. The girls were quite young and it was usually something we couldn't afford, like filet mignon.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Food of the month clubs??? by chef_Tab (I have never had the...)
Several years ago, I won a full year's membership in the Dessert-of-the-Month club. It was all good - not spectacular, but not bad. Don't remember what all the selections were, but a number of them were cakes (since those froze well and could be shipped easily).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Food of the month clubs??? by labradors (Several years ago, I...)

Erin
I have used QVC food items for gifts - everyone was pleased with them

I have received fruit from Cushman's and they were great.

Hope this will help.
marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Food of the month clubs??? by mjkcooking ([br]Erin [br]I have ...)
A relative used to send fruit of the month (Harry & David) to my parents every year. It was awesome, but haven't had it in a long time, so don't know if the quality is still as good as it used to be.

I didn't know that QVC sold food items, but that sounds like a good way to go also.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Food of the month clubs??? by Mare749 (A relative used to s...)
Erin, for years we belonged to igourmet.com - their cheese of the month club. It was just fantastic. We got a pound chunk of the most wonderful cheese every month - we had neighbors that we split the club with so we could be kind of good...

One year, I sent cheesecake of them month to my mom and one of my sons and because they could freeze pieces of it, they enjoyed it all month untilthe next one came.

I've only worked with igourmet, tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Food of the month clubs??? by cjs (Erin, for years we b...)
Erin, just ran across this one on the Whole Foods newsletter -

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/giftbox/index.php

don't know anything about them, tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Food of the month clubs??? by cjs (Erin, just ran acros...)
Hmmm... Whole Foods? What would that be - like a "Groat-of-the-Month" club? LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Food of the month clubs??? by labradors (Hmmm... Whole Foods...)
(I'll never tell.... ) Labs, aren't you still assigned to your room????
www.achefsjourney.com