OT-back to work briefly
  Re: (...)
I just received an email from the office where I temporarily worked and they would like me back for the next two weeks. Very short notice, but I will take any work I can get. Sadly, I will most likely be around less again, especially since we are leaving for our Christmas vacation shortly after that. I will try to check in evenings and weekends.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: OT-back to work briefly by chef_Tab (I just received an e...)
Congratulations Theresa. Some work is better than none. Our job market must be the worst in the country. Since they called you back, they obviously really like you, so maybe it will lead to more frequent calls like this one.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: OT-back to work briefly by Mare749 (Congratulations Ther...)
Definitely take that as a compliment!
  Re: Re: OT-back to work briefly by Trixxee (Definitely take that...)
Congrats on the call back, Theresa! Do I have your schedule for vacation? Maybe we could meet for lunch one day since I will probably be in the city for shopping the week before Christmas. Although, I have a feeling getting you away from the grand baby will be a challenge...LOL!

BTW, I hope it warms up a little before you all get here.....BBBBRRRRRRRRRR!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: OT-back to work briefly by chef_Tab (I just received an e...)
Congratulations on any work. That's especially great around the holidays!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT-back to work briefly by Harborwitch (Congratulations on a...)
You must have done a terrific job. Congratulations on the callback!!
  Re: Re: OT-back to work briefly by karyn (You must have done a...)
thanks everyone! Having less than 24 hours notice, I spent most of the afternoon getting things done to make life a bit easier for this coming week. I even have dinner prepped for tomorrow. It will be great to see the gals again, they were a great bunch to work with.
Theresa

Re: Re: OT-back to work briefly by chef_Tab (thanks everyone! Hav...)
Congratulations, Theresa!! Good news. How is your husband enjoying his teaching job??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT-back to work briefly by cjs (Congratulations, The...)
Wally loves teaching and doesn't understand why each and every student isn't as in love with engineering as he is. He has picked up an extra class for next semester too and even has something published. Of course, if you factor in his hours worked, he makes about $1.50/hour

My first day back went well and the work is challenging and interesting. I have a wonderful corner office with a view that is amazing. Wish this wasn't for just 2 weeks. I am getting spoiled.
Theresa

Re: Re: OT-back to work briefly by chef_Tab (Wally loves teaching...)
You never know, Theresa! Maybe it will turn into long term. Even so, enjoy it while it lasts.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.