Carmenere
  Re: (...)
Thanks to Theresa's suggestion I checked the store for Carmenere, today. As it turned out, the items on sale had changed and the Malbec was no longer on sale, but the Carmenere was, so I picked up a bottle of that - also Casillero del Diablo (which, I forgot to mention earlier, is one of the Concha y Toro brands).

This time, I noticed plums AND blackberries and maybe even a hint of chocolate and, indeed, that is about what the label on the bottle said when I read it afterwards. I also thought it seemed a little smoother than the Malbec.

Upon additional comparison, I decided that I actually like the Malbec best, then the Carmenere, then the Tempranillo, but that EACH is very tasty.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Carmenere by labradors (Thanks to Theresa's ...)
Thanks for the info, Labs. I'm definitely going to pick up a bottle of each next time I go to the city.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Carmenere by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the info,...)
So glad you like it, Rob. I just love the stuff. Another good winemaker in Chile is Casa Lapostolle and if you see that on sale, jump on it!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Carmenere by chef_Tab (So glad you like it,...)
I often buy the Choncha Y Toro Frontera which is a blend of Cabernet and Merlot. Just a nice drinking red wine.

I will have to look for the Carmenere and the Malbec. Always leary of buying and not liking. I have been trying to be more adventurous with Zin's lately.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Carmenere by esgunn (I often buy the Chon...)
Erin, we just tried some new (to us) wines last night - one was a Trader Joe's Zin. We're going to look for it along the way as we travel. There were two other wines we tried last night also, but they (my notes) are still packed away, so will post what they were later.

some good tastings, that's for sure!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Carmenere by cjs (Erin, we just tried ...)
I love malbec and will have to try this Carmenere very soon.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura