T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
So, what's on your menu for tonight?

We're kind of up in the air, so not sure yet. Maybe I'll get an idea from ya'all!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by cjs (So, what's on your m...)
We have our last event of the year tonight, and it will be a late one. Probsably stop at Taco Bell for a chalupa.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Lorraine (We have our last eve...)
King crab legs are on sale all over the place for $9.99/lb so I think I'll pick up some of those. Rice pilaf, cole slaw and garlic bread sound good as sides. I will pick up the coleslaw at a bbq place around the corner. They make the best.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Trixxee (King crab legs are o...)
We're having the Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff over Parsley Noodles and green beans.

Crab legs sure do sound good, though.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having the Slo...)
Trixxee, all I can say is that after 25 years there are still things I miss about California. I don't think I've ever seen king crab legs for less that $12.99/lb...and that's really rare. King and Dungeness crab are treats I crave and save for when we are visiting family in the west. I hope you have an awesome dinner and enjoy every bite, 'cuz I sure would. Yum!!

We're freezer diving tonight... JalapeƱo and sausage chili with corn cakes. I love having tasty freezer food when I'm tired!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by karyn (Trixxee, all I can s...)
Oh Trixxee, I will not say I wish I was home for some of those prices.... ENJOY!

We both so enjoyed the tortellini that I made with the Asian Spicy pear jelly, we're having it for a quick dinner. what a day. $500.00 later, we are in Tucson........and tired.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by cjs (Oh Trixxee, I will n...)
"$500.00 later, we are in Tucson........and tired." OUCH! Well, at least you're back on the road.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom ("$500.00 later, we a...)
And let me tell you - these quite possibly were the freshest, best tasting legs we've had - and meaty! I figured we would have easily spent $120 (with wine) and with tax and tip at a restaurant for a similar meal. It cost me $40 with the wine. I just steam them with some water in the bottom of the pan, a whole sliced lemon and a big hefty shake or two of Old Bay.

I'm going back for more before Tuesday, when the sale ads usually end.

Jean - at least you're up and running!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by Trixxee (And let me tell you ...)
Glad you are back on the road Jean.

Pizza. Papa Murphy's Chicken Bacon Ranch.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner? by esgunn (Glad you are back on...)
We were too tired to stop, and I had no cash on me, we we went home and had leftovers. Scrambled eggs with chives, mashed potatoes with copius amounts of butter and heavy creamed topped with merlot truffle gravy. I went to bed happy.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.