Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine
  Re: (...)
Take a look at http://www.texaswinetrail.com/index.html and make your plans. We like Becker and Fall Creek. All are off I10 and between San Antonio and Austin. Enjoy. In the meantime we are planning your visit--the menu will include osso buco (with marrow spoons) and risotto, custom omelet,green chili cheesecake, & shrimp and remoulade sauce We will drink some wine, martinis?, and go out for Mexican food, Texas Bar BQ, and do some wine tasting at a local winery. We are a little intimidated entertaining a real chef and the husband she spoiled with her cooking, but I told Jane--"what the h-ll, we'll go for it"!! We are looking forward to it--drive carefully--we'll see you soon.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine by Old Bay (Take a look at [url=...)
Oh my Lord, eat your hearts out everyone else on this forum!!!! Bill & Jane, you just amaze me with your hospitality. I am so drooling right now and can't wait for Roy to get up so I can make him drool also.

Off to check the 'Texas wine trail'
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine by cjs (Oh my Lord, eat your...)
That's just cruel! Bill, from the pictures and menus, especially this one, I've seen, I don't think you and Jane have a thing to worry about.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine by Gourmet_Mom (That's just cruel! ...)
We're going to have so much fun!! Looking forward to your arrival!!
  Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine by Old Bay (Take a look at [url=...)
I am green with envy!!! That menu sounds amazing - and you all are going to have so much fun. I can't wait to see pictures!!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine by Harborwitch (I am green with envy...)
Oh so excited to be in on some of this! I can't wait to share food and wine and good times with Jean and Roy!
Allison aka Younger Bay
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child
  Re: Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine by cheesemonger (Oh so excited to be ...)
Me too, Allison - is your Dad ready to let us adopt you?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine by cjs (Me too, Allison - is...)
Looking for Bill's recipe for Green Chili Cheesecake - I ran across this thread.

Bill, did we have this cheesecake while we were there? Why don't I remember it?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine by cjs (Looking for Bill's r...)
Quote:

Looking for Bill's recipe for Green Chili Cheesecake - I ran across this thread.

Bill, did we have this cheesecake while we were there? Why don't I remember it?

We make several versions--the one you had with us was a Mexican Cheesecake with salsa Rojo and Guacamole. I think you have Stop and Smell the Rosemary from Houston Jr League--it's on page 54. It's really good with Hatch--I have another recipe if you don't like this one--can freeze ahead of time---thaw, slice and serve.
  Re: Re: Attn Jean & Roy--Texas Wine by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I don't think there was anything we ate with you and Jane that we didn't love!!
www.achefsjourney.com