Cuisine at Home as a digital file
  Re: (...)
Hello All,

I looked at the website and it seems as thought you can only order hard copies of the recipes in yearly volumes. Maybe I am missing something. I would love to own all the years worth of Cuisine at Home, but I don't have storage for all of the binders. Does anyone know if they offer for purchase the digital file. If not, it's my suggestion...the wave of the future. I just purchased "Miracle on 34th Street" and they sent me the disk and the digital file. Thank you, Andrea
  Re: Cuisine at Home as a digital file by andrea23139 (Hello All,[br][br]I ...)
I'll get back to you on this, Andrea!! I've sent a message to our guru, Brian and he should be here to answer your question tomorrow morning.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home as a digital file by cjs (I'll get back to you...)
Thank you Cjs. I see your location is Straits of Juan de Fuca. Where in the world is that? Sounds interesting.
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home as a digital file by andrea23139 (Thank you Cjs. I see...)
You know I would love that too.
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home as a digital file by DFen911 (You know I would lov...)
That would be great - on CD's???? In a motorhome paper is a lot of weight - CD's would be wonderful!!!!!

OKAY - I'm willing to grovel, whine, snivel, and begging is not below me. LOL I'd love it!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home as a digital file by Harborwitch (That would be great ...)
I'd buy! Great idea Andrea!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home as a digital file by Gourmet_Mom (I'd buy! Great idea...)
Love this idea! Can't wait to hear the answer from Cuisine.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home as a digital file by Mare749 (Love this idea! Can...)
Andrea, the Straits of Juan de Fuca run between Washington state and Vancouver, B.C.

We live in Port Angeles in Washington, which is directly south across the straits from Victoria, B.C. - it's absolutely gorgeous and we watch ships from all over the world sail back and forth (from the Pacific Ocean to the ports of Seattle, Tacoma, etc.) It's a fun place to live, but we do have to get "outta Dodge" every so often looking for hot weather!! As we are right now, we're in Texas, enjoying the heck out of high 70s and low 80s.

(more than you ever wanted to know, I'm sure. )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cuisine at Home as a digital file by andrea23139 (Hello All,[br][br]I ...)
Hi Andrea,

Your question is actually very timely. We've had a number of discussions recently about the future of bound volumes. Currently, we do not offer single copies of back issues, but rather combine a year's worth of issues into a single "bound volume".

Those bound volumes are useful and interesting to some, but not so much to others. So, we've started having discussions about either replacing the bound volumes with a digital product, or adding a second digital offering that would supplement the bound volumes.

One idea is to sell back-issue PDFs online and sell back issues for the iPad and other tablets. Of course, we're still in the discussion phase and, no decision has been made...but we're working on it.

Obviously, this message is nothing more than an ambiguous tease...so, sorry for that. But, we are working on it and hope to have a product for you soon. Thanks!

Brian
  Re: Re: Cuisine at Home as a digital file by Brian (Hi Andrea,[br][br]Yo...)
Brian,

Nowadays, something for Kindle, Nook, et al would be worth considering (not sure if you're just lumping those under "iPad and other tabets" or not).

For my use, PDFs with searchable text (i.e. not just scanned images of the pages) would be ideal, making it easier to search for ingredients, etc., not just recipe titles that may be in the index.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?