What's for Dinner, Tuesday 12/28??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We will still be eating out of the freezer - Bill & Jane sent us off with more care packages than I've had since my mother died. We are stocked.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 12/28?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Well, you are just so quick this morning Jean.

We have eaten so richly over the past few weeks, we need a food break. We plan to make salads for a while for dinner. Not really dieting, just a bit more healthy. We use romaine, spinach, onion or green onion, celery, carrots, yellow or orange pepper, radishes, bits of cheeses leftover from the holidays, hard boiled eggs, beets. Add a bit of dressing and croutons and we have a meal.

I have been so far behind on this forum, It's gonna take me another week to get through the threads. I was going to do some this morning, I forgot I made a Chuck E. Cheese playdate for the kids. I was secretly hoping they would cancel, but alas they have not. So I will have to plan on going through all this tomorrow morning.

I want to hear how everyone's holiday was! Vicci has been on my mind too. Can't wait to hear how her holiday went.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 12/28?? by luvnit (Well, you are just s...)
We will likely eat dinner on the road. Although, I'm hoping the trip won't take 7 hours to get home like the trip up did! It SHOULD be a 4 1/2 hour trip! We'll see. The central part of the state got a lot of snow also and are calling for black ice today. Hopefully, it'll be melted by the time we head down the mountain.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 12/28?? by Gourmet_Mom (We will likely eat d...)
Safe trip home, Daphne - why not just put a couple skis on your little car and ski on down???

Laura, we'll be joining you in a healthier lifestyle as soon as we gobble down all these wonderful leftovers AND Christmas food goodies!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 12/28?? by cjs (Safe trip home, Daph...)
WHEW! We made it home! It was a grand adventure, but there's no place like home! I'm sure you and Roy feel the same way, Jean. It's a good thing we didn't stay an extra day! Andrew called while we were driving home and begged, "PUUULLLLLEEEEZZZZEEEE come back and get me!" He had been stuck in traffic for half an hour less than a mile from his condo! All the Floridians finally made it to the slopes today, and he was trying to get home at turnover time at the slopes. People were parking on the side of the road, or just sitting in traffic, waiting to get in! The cops finally had to come in to clear the traffic and turn people away. The slopes closed due to too many people on the slopes causing injuries! It was CRAZY! He's got 4 more days of this! I guess living at the base of a major ski slope has it's down side! Luckily, this is only one of two weeks of the season that gets this bad.

ANYWAY, we've decided to graze on what we can forage from the fridge for dinner. It's been a full few days. Honestly, I could skip eating much at all for the next few days and not suffer much. We will be joining others in light meals for a while. (Except maybe for New Year's Eve and Day.)
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 12/28?? by Gourmet_Mom (WHEW! We made it ho...)
Well, I got my ham and bean soup made last night, so we had that for dinner tonight with some Italian bread. I'll be joining in on the lighter meals as well. Well, maybe not until after New Years....

Glad you are home safe and sound, Daphne. Hope you had a wonderful time in the mountains. Did you take any pix?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 12/28?? by Mare749 (Well, I got my ham a...)
Oh, yes, I have bunches of pictures! Mostly of the snow....I was amazed at the amount of snow pushed off in the median and side of the road left over from the storm 2 days later, this close to home! It just goes to show how incredible it was we made it through! It will take a day or two to sort through them, but I'll post as soon as possible.
Daphne