Christmas from Marina and Buenos Aires
  Re: (...)
Presents from Piano226 (Marina) – Between Labs and when Marina visits, I should be good to go with what I'm not reading correctly (or at all! )

Dulce de leche – familiar with this one and I can even figure out the instructions – between the pictures and words. But, the box also has “Ideas Exquisita” (Expuista being the brand name)

Copitsas Corazon

“ Preparar el postre Exquisita segun las indicciones (prepare according to pkg. directions, yes?)
Mantenerlo tapado.
Derretir a bano Maria 6 cucharadas de dulce de leche con 4 barritas de chocolate (4 squares of chocolate, yes?).
Colocar la mitad del postre preparado en copas, cubrir con la mezcla de dulce de leche y chocolate y terminar con el resto del postre. (something, something add chocolate at the end and let rest/melt, yes??)

Llevar las copas a la heladera-refrigerator (Allow to chill in the frig)

-------

The following is really throwing me - Mantecol Sabor Irresistible
“Postre a base de pasta de mani con cacao” (white chocolate? Use with ‘pasta’?)

It’s a bar and has a recipe on the back for a cheese cake, that calls for the addition of “de queso crema” – is this cream cheese? Or could it be a container, Marina, that opened in the pkg. and we had to throw it away – darn.

-------
Fantoche, Alfajor relleno con dulce de leche, Cubierto con banode de meringue
(Individual wrapped cookies with dulce de leche and coated with a white icing) very tasty little goodies.

-----
Alicante Ponele Sabor
Aderezo tipo Chimichurri
(this is a Chimichurri sauce I’m thinking they are calling for sandwiches (y pancos) and
“Acompana tus carnes asadas” – (a sauce to serve with carne asadas, yes?)

----------
The rest I know and am looking so forward to using.
Green Olive Salad (Muffaletta, here I come)
Pkg. dried porcinis
Tomate Asado – great tasting dried tomato infused salt
Black Truffle oil
Chimichurri con vino Malbec – won’t open to taste till we get home, tho.

Marina, I thank you so much for all these new and different flavors to play with.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Christmas from Marina and Buenos Aires by cjs (Presents from Piano2...)
Dulce de leche – familiar with this one and I can even figure out the instructions – between the pictures and words. But, the box also has “Ideas Exquisita” (Expuista being the brand name)
This could also be a play on words meaning Exquisite Ideas.

Copitsas Corazon I am assuming this is typo and it really read Copitas Corazon meaning Small stemware glasses and Heart (as is does not make sense)

“ Preparar el postre Exquisita segun las indicciones (prepare according to pkg. directions, yes?) Yes There must be directions on the package to make the main part of the dessert which you did not post.
Mantenerlo tapado. Keep covered.
Derretir a bano Maria 6 cucharadas de dulce de leche con 4 barritas de chocolate (4 squares of chocolate, yes?). Melt in a double boiler 6 TBS. of the dulce de leche with 4 small bars of the chocolate (don't generally see squares)
Colocar la mitad del postre preparado en copas, cubrir con la mezcla de dulce de leche y chocolate y terminar con el resto del postre. (something, something add chocolate at the end and let rest/melt, yes??) Place half of the prepared dessert in the glasses (wine or sundae perhaps?), cover with the chocolate/dulce de leche mixture and finish with the rest of the dessert. What is missing is what is the dessert? My guess would be some sponge cake, or pudding perhaps?) Basically you are using pretty stemware to present something with the chocolate/dulce de leche mixture in the middle.
Llevar las copas a la heladera-refrigerator (Allow to chill in the frig) Yes

-------

The following is really throwing me - Mantecol Sabor Irresistible
“Postre a base de pasta de mani con cacao” (white chocolate? Use with ‘pasta’?)
This means dessert based on peanut paste with cocoa, my guess chocolate and peanut butter.
See the link for explanation and picture of item.

It’s a bar and has a recipe on the back for a cheese cake, that calls for the addition of “de queso crema” – is this cream cheese? Or could it be a container, Marina, that opened in the pkg. and we had to throw it away – darn. Yes it is cream cheese.

-------
Fantoche, Alfajor relleno con dulce de leche, Cubierto con banode de meringue
(Individual wrapped cookies with dulce de leche and coated with a white icing) very tasty little goodies.

-----
Alicante Ponele Sabor
Aderezo tipo Chimichurri
(this is a Chimichurri sauce I’m thinking they are calling for sandwiches (y pancos) and
“Acompana tus carnes asadas” – (a sauce to serve with carne asadas, yes?)

----------
The rest I know and am looking so forward to using.
Green Olive Salad (Muffaletta, here I come)
Pkg. dried porcinis
Tomate Asado – great tasting dried tomato infused salt
Black Truffle oil
Chimichurri con vino Malbec – won’t open to taste till we get home, tho.
  Re: Re: Christmas from Marina and Buenos Aires by Cubangirl (Dulce de leche – fam...)
Thanks CubanGirl, I'll relook at the spelling - it's harder than heck to type a foreign language and proof read, I found out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Christmas from Marina and Buenos Aires by cjs (Thanks CubanGirl, I'...)
You might want to take a picture and then post it, might be easier.
  Re: Re: Christmas from Marina and Buenos Aires by Cubangirl (You might want to ta...)
La Cubana beat me to it. It all sounds great, though.

While you got that dulce de leche, I just picked up some cajeta, which is a kind of dulce de leche make with goat milk. Wonderful stuff.

Just found that same Copitas Corazon recipe online and can see that you may have typed only the instructions and not the ingredients. This is the ingredient list I saw:
Quote:

1 CAJA DE POLVO PARA PREPARAR POSTRE DE DULCE DE LECHE
1 LITRO DE LECHE PARA PREPARAR EL POSTRE
6 CDAS DE DULCE DE LECHE
4 BARRITAS DE CHOCOLATE PARA TAZA

That would translate as:
  • Box of dulce-de-leche dessert mix (literally "powder")
  • 1 Litre of milk to prepare the dessert [from the mix]
  • 6 Tbsp. Dulce de lece
  • 4 Small bars of drinking chocolate
That first item is a powder to be mixed with milk to make a dessert. From this picture that accompanies the recipe, I'd say it's some kind of mousse, or the like:

[Image: p1000363v.jpg]

Here's the box for the mix:

[Image: exqdulcedeleche1.jpg]

Notice that the third ingredient is dulce de leche. That is separate from the above mix, so you need to figure out if what you received is the box for Exquisita Postre de Dulce de Leche or actual dulce de leche (which is usually in a jar, can or plastic bottle) or both. If you have only the mix, you should be able to get the rest of the ingredients to follow the recipe. If it's just the dulce de leche, you won't be able to follow the recipe and will have to use it in something else (such as the cookies that were mentioned).

The "drinking chocolate," from what I could find, comes in bars (barras) of 100g (3.5 oz) or "small bars" (barritas) of 14g - 16g (.49 - .56 oz.). Thus, 4 barritas would be about 2 oz.

[Image: origin315420aguila20bar.jpg]

This chocolate is intended to be used for making hot chocolate or in other recipes (such as this one) and is not meant to be eaten as a candy bar. If you can't find this (or if it's not among the things she sent), you could get by with other types of chocolate, but I would choose something Mexican, such as Ibarra, Of course, if you don't have the powdered mix mentioned earlier, you won't be able to make the recipe, anyway, so this chocolate wouldn't matter.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Christmas from Marina and Buenos Aires by labradors ([i]La Cubana[/i] bea...)
The ingredients were listed separately from this 'extra' recipe/alternate, and had English with them. That's why I didn't post them. I just needed help with the 'extra' part.
I have the box that you pictured, Labs

I won't play with all these goodies until I get home, so, I'll mark this thread and get back to it then. thanks all.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Christmas from Marina and Buenos Aires by cjs (The ingredients were...)
Cool! So you have the powdered dessert mix that's the base for the whole thing and you'll just need milk, dulce de leche (if you can't find it, you could just use a caramel syrup, such one would use on ice cream) and the chocolate. That picture I found of the finished product really looks tasty. Enjoy!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Christmas from Marina and Buenos Aires by labradors (Cool! So you have t...)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Christmas from Marina and Buenos Aires by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Have you heard of babblefish? You can run a translation through there, but be prepared for hilarious results. I'm sure they are not set up for recipes.

Sally
  Re: Re: Christmas from Marina and Buenos Aires by lxxf (Have you heard of ba...)
You know, this has been bothering me for quite a while now. Why is this thread labeled "....Buenos Aries"? I THINK I remember that Marina has a daughter, maybe, in BA, but isn't she from AZ or So. Cal? I'm confused.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.