Cheddar & Herb Biscuits
  Re: (...)
For Jean. We ate them all so there was nothing for your care package!! We so enjoyed your visit and picking your chef's brain--oh we enjoyed Roy too (my Bro).The dna of this recipe is so mixed that it belongs to Jane--no more than 20% came from any one source--bon appetit!!

Combine:
1 & 1/4C buttermilk
3T chopped fresh thyme
1/2C finely chopped green onions
Combine and let sit 5 min.

Whisk:
3C all purpose flour
2T baking powder
2T sugar
1T salt
1/4 t soda

Processor:
Place flour mixture in processor--add
4 oz ex sharp yellow cheddar, grated
4 oz white cheddar, grated
6 oz unsalted butter (chilled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
Process to fine meal.

Mix flour mixture and buttermilk mixture into a bowl and stir to soft clumps. Turn on floured surface--press to 1/2 inch thickness--cut with 2 inch cutter.

Bake on ungreased sheets 2 inches apart 10 min at 375. Reverse pans lower 1/3 and upper 1/2--cook until golden--about 8 min. Recipe writing is hard!!! Questions accepted.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Cheddar & Herb Biscuits by Old Bay (For Jean. We ate the...)
Okay, I'm a glutton for punishment. Let's see if I can make these and not turn out rocks...LOL! It seems that if I have to cut butter into flour, I fail miserably. Maybe Jane can turn me into a baker after all. We'll see. Thanks, I think.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cheddar & Herb Biscuits by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, I'm a glutton ...)
Oh thank you Jane!!! These are so good. And since they are really Jane's concoction, you know they will end up in a book......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com