Online Translations
  Re: (...)
I have the neatest program on my laptop at home for translating words/phrases, but it's not on this one on the road.

Can someone give me a link to one that I can use while I am on the road, please? It's driving me crazy not having access.

Thanks.

I finally figured out Cordero Asado is roast lamb.
But, it took forever!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Online Translations by cjs (I have the neatest p...)
Three important links:

Of the first two - for translation - Google is much better most of the time, but Babelfish will occasionally be better for some small areas even though the rest of the document will be better on Google.

Now that you know what Cordero Asado is, would you like to take a stab at what Carne Asada is?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Online Translations by labradors (Three important link...)
Carne Asada is roasted beef -

thanks for the links, Labs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Online Translations by cjs (Carne Asada is roast...)
Well done!

Those links are definitely ones that should be bookmarked.
  Re: Online Translations by cjs (I have the neatest p...)
Jean if you put a google toolbar on the computer, you will have that translate button.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Online Translations by luvnit (Jean if you put a go...)
ya right, Laura.....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Online Translations by cjs (ya right, Laura........)
If you put a toolbar (Google or any other) on your browser, you are, pretty much, inviting them to track EVERY move you make on your browser. Some of them offer options that SAY you are disabling this aspect of the toolbar, but analysts using network monitors have shown that your browsing habits are transmitted anyway.

If you want a button for the translation, bookmark your favourite translation site and add that to your bookmark toolbar (especially if you have Firefox).

Furthermore, if you DO have Firefox, try one of the translation add-ons, instead.