What's on the Menu for Today, Thursday, 1/6?
  Re: (...)
So, what's on everyone's menu for tonight? (I don't think we can top yesterday's menus, that's for sure!)

We are shopping in Mesa today, so will probably eat out - a couple of places sound interesting.

By the way, found a place in Scotsdale that I have my fingers crossed that we can get to before we leave (Sunday... )

-------
Posh – 7167 E. Rancho Vista Dr., Scottsdale (480-663-7674)
You give the chef ingredients and style of cooking – he develops a dinner for you.

Q. What is Improvisational Cuisine?
A. POSH serves a seasonal coursed menu, starting with 4 courses, up to as many as desired. How it works…we offer a list of main ingredients, requesting you to CROSS OFF which items you DISLIKE, then our creative chefs surprise you with the remaining selections. We have a spot at the bottom of the list to add additional dislikes or particular medical conditions (allergies). To begin your course, typically soup or a salad are your options. Each meal will always finish with an eclectic cheese course or one of our fabulous desserts.

Q. What is the dining Counter?
A. POSH offers 25 seats at our counter which is directly surrounding the kitchen (similar to a sushi bar). Sitting in these seats, you will get great views of the kitchen in action, and being that POSH is an interactive dining experience, it’s a great way to spend the evening.
------

doesn't this sound interesting? Has anyone ever gone to a restaurant like this?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's on the Menu for Today, Thursday, 1/6? by cjs (So, what's on everyo...)
What a cool place to eat! I would love to go there. You will have to take pics for those of us who must live vicariously through your travels.

We are having leftover Barley, Mushroom, Prime Rib soup. I can't wait. I bet it's even better the next time around.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Today, Thursday, 1/6? by luvnit (What a cool place to...)
I'll bet it will be, too, Laura!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Today, Thursday, 1/6? by cjs (I'll bet it will be,...)
Managed to get another ham bone from the holidays and put it in the freezer until I could use it. This time will be ham and split pea soup. It's a meal in itself, so probably just a salad and garlic toast to go with.

Oh, and I'm already thinking ahead thanks to all of you! Putting leftover soup in containers for future meals.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Today, Thursday, 1/6? by Mare749 (Managed to get anoth...)
Now THAT sounds cool, Jean! It will be interesting to see just how creative they can be.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Today, Thursday, 1/6? by labradors (Now THAT sounds cool...)
My daughter sent me some of her homemade pear & ginger jam for Christmas. I'm going to use it for a glaze on a pork loin roast - Garlic mashed and broccoli as sides.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Today, Thursday, 1/6? by HomeCulinarian (My daughter sent me ...)
Oh Jean that sounds so wonderful! What a great idea!

Years ago I used to love to go to PJ's Oyster Bed in the Haight Ashbury Dist. in San Francisco so that I could sit at the counter and watch the guys on the line cook - oh I could sit there all day and all night. Capellini Daniel!!! OMG Still one of my favorites.

We got some lovely meaty ribs, they're going on with some sauerkraut and onions. Cornbread and leftover slaw from last night.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Today, Thursday, 1/6? by Harborwitch (Oh Jean that sounds ...)
What a fun place to go for dinner, Jean! I can't wait to hear more about it.

We're having patty melts and roasted broccolini.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Today, Thursday, 1/6? by karyn (What a fun place to ...)
Jean, that sounds like a lot of fun. Don't forget your camera. Can't wait to hear what the chefs make up for you. It will probably be spectacular and if you let them know that you are a chef, they will probably try to outdo each other to impress you.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Today, Thursday, 1/6? by Mare749 (Jean, that sounds li...)
WHAT A FUN PLACE! I would love to go to a restaurant like that some time! I can't wait to hear about your experience!

William had Kim's Spicy Chicken with Fried Rice and an Egg Roll for lunch, so he's requested a light dinner. So Cobb Salad it will be.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.