What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

Sigh, we're heading home this a.m. so will be on the road. Something fast that I've been freezing the last few days probably. Goodbye to Apache Junction (for a few months)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/13?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Doing something new and I can't wait. I had a Vietnamese sandwich a while back and I just love the cilantro and veggies on it. Anything with a fresh baguette is good in my book!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...-Mi-356790
  Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/13?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Pork chops or pork loin??? Not sure yet.

Have you got your route planned???
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/13?? by Harborwitch (Pork chops or pork l...)
Foodgawking for ideas, I think I'll do Salisbury steaks with the ground turkey breast that's got to be used, and some brussel sprouts roasted or sauteed. Probbly gotta have some egg noodles to put the gravy over
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/13?? by farnfam (Foodgawking for idea...)
Oh Trixee that sounds so good. We bought two beautiful baguettes at Costco yesterday - but the gal who was boxing our groceries was too busy "chatting up" an old guy who just bought a $500 chair to put them with our order. Grrrrrrr.

Of course we didn't discover that until we were already home - about 50 miles away!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/13?? by Harborwitch (Oh Trixee that sound...)
Oh no! I would have been devasted Harborwitch. No one messes with my bread products! They sure spend a lot of time making sure you aren't walking out with anything you didn't pay for, too bad they don't spend more time making sure you got everything.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/13?? by Trixxee (Oh no! I would have...)
Quote:

Oh no! I would have been devasted Harborwitch. No one messes with my bread products! They sure spend a lot of time making sure you aren't walking out with anything you didn't pay for, too bad they don't spend more time making sure you got everything.

Isn't that the truth! What a shame, Sharon. I feel for ya.
That meatball sandwich sounds really good. I bookmarked that one for down the line.

Today I'm using Alton Brown's recipe for Gyro Meat with Tzatziki Sauce and forming it into a meatloaf. Then, you just slice it and make gyros with it.

I'm going to use Cuisine's Feta-Yogurt Spread from issue no.69 instead of Alton's sauce though because we just really liked it when I made the grilled gyro kebabs.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/13?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Trixxee, that sounds really good!

I've got some Clam Chowder in the freezer. I guess I'll be testing the theory that you can or can not freeze potatoes.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, that sounds...)
We're in Banning, CA for the night and I'm going to make use of the Vindaloo Curry pkg and mango chutney I picked up at Sprouts a few days ago.

Sharon, we put off leaving so long, that we now only have 2 'floating days' in case of snow over the passes, so probably won't even see any kids (except Tracie) this time. It's still snowing up there, so we could run into some problems getting home in time.

Trixxee, I just love Bahn Mi Sandwiches - anxious to hear how you like this one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Trixxee, that sounds...)
Maryann, we love that sauce too. Your dinner sounds delicious.

We're having enchiladas verdes and whatever veggie or salad I decide to pull from the current stash.