T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 1/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone tonight?

I have C@H For Two with me, so think I'll go thru it. Or see what you all are up to.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 1/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I plan on making a Chicken and Rice casserole. It's a recipe I duplicated from a Stouffer's frozen meal. My family just loves it and it's even better thant the frozen entree. If you can believe that!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 1/14?? by luvnit (I plan on making a C...)
Laura, that sounds familiar. Did you post that recipe on the forum a while back?

I making Honey-Glazed Chicken with basmati rice and fresh broccoli. I'll be doing homework most of the day, then picking up Katie and Abby after school, so needed something easy for dinner.

This is a recipe that I cut out of one of my magazines, but can't remember which one. It sounds really good. Has butter, brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, and curry powder. I thought it sounded rather interesting.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 1/14?? by Mare749 (Laura, that sounds f...)
Why can't I find the darn Acorn Sq. with black beans???? I know I had a copy here with me. Could someone post a link if they remember where it is? thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 1/14?? by cjs (Why can't I find the...)
Fridays = dancing and now we've added a class before the dance for the next 10 weeks. We have 30 minutes between the end of the lesson and the start of the dance to grab a bite. Tonight I think we'll go to McDonalds and have their Southwest Salads... They are actually pretty good and mostly healthy!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 1/14?? by HomeCulinarian (Fridays = dancing an...)
Tonight we're having Orange and Cumin Pork Loin, a salad with fennel & oranges, and the coconut corn muffins from the latest Cuisine Lite.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 1/14?? by Mare749 (Laura, that sounds f...)
Yes Maryann, I did post that recipe a while back. Good memory! You must have 'the brain' this week!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 1/14?? by luvnit (Yes Maryann, I did p...)
Since I've been so very good today by eating kiwis, a honey crisp apple, a good old California navel orange (I forgot how good an orange is) and a banana, I'm splurging tonight with this.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/p...anc-106527
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 1/14?? by Trixxee (Since I've been so v...)
That sounds good, Trixxee. And good for you on the fruits for breakfast and lunch.

Even though I've been telling myself today is Thursday so I can deal with the fact I have to go to school tomorrow, I am having to have my regular Friday night steak night. I had PLANNED to make the Chicken Piallard recipe, but the store in town didn't have the Italian Parsley OR the Basil...WHAT!?!?!?!? Then I went to get my baked potatoes, and they were out of those!!!!! What a frustrating afternoon! Sweet husband told me to go home and pour a glass of wine, and he'd stop at the local store for the potatoes....and the sour cream I forgot. Who doesn't have baked potatoes for pete's sake!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 1/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (That sounds good, Tr...)
Daphne - I remember one time I went to the store and they were out of garlic. How on earth does something like that happen? First, I'm never out of garlic and then for them to be out of it too? Weird.