Our Dinner with Dave & Pam
  Re: (...)
I promise this is the last post from me for a while!!

We had such a great time with them as we always do. Doesn’t seem possible it’s been 5 years since we’ve seen them. We ate and drank and yakked the entire night away.

Chef Dave started us off with Shrimp Spring Rolls with Nuoc Cham
[Image: CIMG0280.jpg]

Dave & I put together these Spicy Tuna Cups
[Image: CIMG0281.jpg]

Grilled Quail Breast Stuffed with Pan Roasted Garlic and Basil wrapped in Prosciutto and Grape Leaves. This is a dish he made at one of the Windsor, CO fundraising dinners. At the fundraiser it was served with a delicious Humboldt Fog Bread Pudding and Savory Jus.
[Image: CIMG0284.jpg]

Grilled Sweet Pepper and Shrimp served with “Naughty Nelly’s” Tropical Chipotle Rice (one of Chef Dave’s Company’s products)
[Image: CIMG0288.jpg]

Meyer Lemon Ice Cream with Chef Jon Gatewood’s Citrus Rum Sauce (Jon was on C2C)
[Image: CIMG0290.jpg]

And lastly, so that Dave & Pam could find their way to our house….(keep in mind this was late, late into the evening – Roy’s map.
[Image: CIMG0289.jpg]

We just had a wonderful time – and I hope it is not another 5 years before we get together again!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Our Dinner with Dave & Pam by cjs (I promise this is th...)
Lovely dinner, Jean! Sounds like a great time. Thanks for posting your pics on this thread and on the Posh thread. You have been eating well. Lots of ideas to play with when you get home.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Our Dinner with Dave & Pam by Mare749 (Lovely dinner, Jean!...)
Jean that sounds wonderful - and the pictures of the food have me drooling! Can you talk to me about the spicy tuna cups????? Hmmmmmm.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Our Dinner with Dave & Pam by Harborwitch (Jean that sounds won...)
Sure, I'll post the recipe tomorrow morning. They are super.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Our Dinner with Dave & Pam by cjs (Sure, I'll post the ...)
Oh thank you Jean. Those will be so good for our next sushi meal! There's an amazing looking "Vinegar Rice" in the new Cooking Lite. I'm planning this meal already!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Our Dinner with Dave & Pam by Harborwitch (Oh thank you Jean. ...)
What an amazing meal! I'm sure you all had a great time!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Our Dinner with Dave & Pam by Gourmet_Mom (What an amazing meal...)
I'm impressed with the food! The map is a hoot!
  Re: Re: Our Dinner with Dave & Pam by HomeCulinarian (I'm impressed with t...)
Everything looks so darn good!
  Re: Re: Our Dinner with Dave & Pam by Trixxee (Everything looks so ...)
Holy cow that is a FEAST!!! I don't even know where to begin it all just looks so wonderful. The quail is just making my mouth water.