Le Creuset ?
  Re: (...)
I can't believe I forgot. While I was dealing with the craziness at the grocery store, Mom called. She was in Target and had found a Le Creuset pot on sale for $29!!!!! When she asked me if I still wanted one, I told her, "Buy it." She said, "It's apple green?", I said "Buy it." She said, "It has a pretty yellow interior?" I said "Buy it."

Now I'm confused. She said it was an eight quart. I just checked the site. They don't have an 8 quart or show an apple green option. AND I thought all of them had a white interior? What did I just have her buy? Granted, if it's an enameled cast iron braiser, I'll be happy, but what did she buy?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Le Creuset ? by Gourmet_Mom (I can't believe I fo...)
Oh Daphne, that's so funny - what the hell, an 8 quart pot will always be a good thing to have.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Le Creuset ? by cjs (Oh Daphne, that's so...)
Okay....mystery solved. I got up with Mom and got more details. This is an Enamel on STEEL Stockpot. It's still a deal, but not what I was looking for. She said they DID have some Dutch Ovens. She discovered, after talking to me, that they had more in another location and went back to get one, larger for herself. I guess I need to go myself an pick out what I'm looking for. I don't think this will do the long braising I wanted the pot for.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Le Creuset ? by Gourmet_Mom (Okay....mystery solv...)
Do you have a Marshalls, TJMaxx, or Ross???? They frequently have killer deals on wonderful quality cookware, including Le Creuset. They might have slight appearance defects or be overruns but if the price is right . . . I can deal.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Le Creuset ? by Harborwitch (Do you have a Marsha...)
Yes, this was a TJ Maxx. Who knows if they will have any of the Dutch Ovens left by the time I get there. I hate to ask Mom to go back....she's trying to get herself together for her trip to Guatemala in the next week or two.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Le Creuset ? by Harborwitch (Do you have a Marsha...)
This reminds me of when Jane was at Dillards in College Station,Tx. She called and said thhey were discontinuing all their All Clad --75% off!! I said "buy everything"-- $500 later we had everything we wanted and Christmas, weddings, showers, birthdays for at least three years--we got $3000 worth of All Clad for $750. They were replacing it with Emerilware???? Go figure!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Le Creuset ? by Old Bay (This reminds me of w...)
Daphne, I believe that Lodge is now making a dutch oven that is cast iron and enamel and their prices aren't nearly as outrageous as Le Creuset. I have a couple of pieces by le creuset and it's nice and all, but IMHO, my Lodge cast iron dutch oven is just as good. I've been using it for over 30 years and wouldn't trade it for anything.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Le Creuset ? by Mare749 (Daphne, I believe th...)
OMG! Bill what an amazing story! I got an Emeril pot...don't remember the circumstances, but I really liked it. It had a great heavy bottom. I love it to this day. Soon after, I found a great deal on a set at BB&B and bought it....not the same stuff. I gave it to daughter when she went to college, but I warned her stuff was subject to stick and burn.

Maryann, I would take the Lodge, any day. It's just that this Le Creuset was such a steal! If it had been an 8 quart Le Creuset dutch oven for 29 bucks, it would have been remarkable! That's MUCH cheaper than Lodge, even. It's still a good deal for the enamel steel. The cheapest I've seen so far is 79 bucks.

I just hope I can get my hands on the cast iron before they are bought out! I've got it! I'll send Ashley tomorrow!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Le Creuset ? by Mare749 (Daphne, I believe th...)
Those of you that belong to Costco, they have some really nice Le Creuset type pots for a third of the price. I have been tempted because they are so reasonable, but don't need one. FWIW, having all three, my preference is Emile Henry Flametop first, then Staub and finally LC. My 8 qt. Staub is probably my most used DO, and the 4.25 Emile Henry Flametop is wonderful, goes on the stove, the oven, the broiler, the freezer, fridge and microwave plus excellent customer service if needed (now in the Fridge with a full batch of picadillo waiting to be frozen and made into empanadas.)
  Re: Re: Le Creuset ? by Cubangirl (Those of you that be...)
Thanks for the info CG! I keep forgetting about the Staub, and I have never heard of the Emile Henry Flametop. I'll keep that in mind.
Daphne