More Darn Pictures!
  Re: (...)
Hope you all realize when you're in a trailer on the road, there is little more to do than to have fun, eat, drink, cook, visit friends, take pictures and post them..... (we're almost home and at an end... )

Here's the Vindaloo Curry - forgot I'd taken a picture.
[Image: CIMG0293.jpg]

The RV park we are staying in in Bakersfield - you can pick all the oranges you want!!!
[Image: CIMG0294.jpg]

Made this for breakfast - Italian "Eggs Benedict" - English muffin, ham, marinara, egg, Parmesan. REally tasty!
[Image: CIMG0298.jpg]

And, here's the C@H Perfect Pasta book's Marinara Spaghetti with meatballs. I love the method. You roast the meatballs over the veggies (tomatoes, onion, garlic, and lost of herbs), then process the veggies into a sauce and serve with pasta.
[Image: CIMG0299.jpg]

O.K., I'll stop now. Oh, and I did another loaf of Cheater's Ciabatta. I think it will my 'go to' bread. making 1/2 a loaf it just lasts us three days and don't have to throw any away or stuff the freezer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: More Darn Pictures! by cjs (Hope you all realize...)
I like the method on this marinara recipe, too! Is the recipe posted somewhere already, Jean? I don't have that pasta book.

The Italian Benedict also looks yummy. I love doing different combos of Benedict. I had one in a little place in Fredericksburg, Texas that uses crab cakes instead of English muffins and they added some arugula. So good!
Allison aka Younger Bay
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child
"Hope you all realize when you're in a trailer on the road, there is little more to do than to have fun, eat, drink, cook, visit friends, take pictures and post them." Jean, I hope you realize I call that "The Good Life"!

I'm loving the spaghetti recipe! I'm looking that up, ASAP! We haven't had meatballs in quite a while. With the Cheater's Ciabatta, I'm looking at meatball subs in the next couple of days!

I'm ashamed to say, my first half recipe of the ciabatta was consumed at one sitting. We need to work on that one, or I can't make it any more. William would eat it every night! We LOVE it! Thanks for another great bread recipe, Cis....I think.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: More Darn Pictures! by Gourmet_Mom ("Hope you all realiz...)
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: More Darn Pictures! by Gourmet_Mom ("Hope you all realiz...)
Allison, we must have been posting at the same time. I LOVE the idea of the Eggs Benedict with a crab cake subbed for the muffin! OMG! That's a birthday weekend treat coming up! Instead of hollandaise, I'll be using my Alexander Sauce! AWESOME! Thanks for the idea!
Daphne
  Re: Re: More Darn Pictures! by cheesemonger (I like the method on...)
There's a chain out here - Mimi's Cafe that has great food and my absolute favorite is the Benedict with crab cakes. Oh man that was good.

Jean those meatballs look good. Billy gave me a copy of that cookbook - I'll have to check it out.

I was kinda wondering how you have all that extra time, then it dawned on me. You don't have 4 dogs and a cat. BTW those pictures are all making me drool.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: More Darn Pictures! by Harborwitch (There's a chain out ...)
"I was kinda wondering how you have all that extra time, then it dawned on me. You don't have 4 dogs and a cat."

But one Lab wouldn't be that hard. If you raise her in the truck, she'd be happy to ride with you anywhere!
Daphne
  Re: Re: More Darn Pictures! by Gourmet_Mom ("I was kinda wonderi...)
You wouldn't believe the dogs some people here in the RV park have! You've gotta have a backhoe to pick up after some of them! lOL
  Re: Re: More Darn Pictures! by Harborwitch (You wouldn't believe...)
I always enjoy your pictures, Jean, so please keep posting them. What's up with the white tree trunks on the orange trees? Never seen anything like that. Nice bonus, though, to be able to pick oranges.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Sharon whispers - "Jean, that isn't your box of Franzia wine on the counter is it? A neighbor left it accidentally???? LOL"

Vella, Peter Vella - much better than Franzia!