What's for Dinner, Sunday 1/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

IF I didn't use all the burger from the freezer in meatballs, I'm finally making the acorn squash w/black beans. And, I even have some Mexican rice to serve with - as someone noted on the recipe. Thanks Theresa, for finding it again for me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 1/16?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I'm so not sure. Judy is going to be here another night so I don't know if the 4 of us are getting together for dinner or not. I know we're going to meet in town and go do a little wine tasting.

I think I'll do something with the leftover roast pork (the best recipe ever!), salad with oranges, endive, & fennel. Maybe some grilled sammies.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 1/16?? by Harborwitch (I'm so not sure. Ju...)
I haven't got a clue. I'll wait to be inspired.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 1/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I haven't got a clue...)
Yesterday I ended up not feeling well so didn't cook anything, poor Derek, but he managed. Still not feeling 100% but hoping to feel up to grilling steaks tonight. Been so hungry for beef. Wanted to go to Penzey's Spices today too. Just love that store and the area it's in
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 1/16?? by DFen911 (Yesterday I ended up...)
Feel better soon, Denise.

I just put enchiladas in a slow oven for later. We're getting ready to go to Katie's basketball game, so they will be warm when we get back.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 1/16?? by Mare749 (Feel better soon, De...)
Thank you Maryann Penzey's is out of the question, can't stray to far from home today.

Why is it when I'm not feeling good, or even remotely feel like eating, I want to cook elaborate things? I don't even have the energy to stand for more than 15 minutes. It's not fair!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 1/16?? by DFen911 (Thank you Maryann [i...)
Okay, I think I've narrowed it down. While it was a frustrating trip to the store Friday, I did score some BOGO Free Shrimp. SO I'm trying to decide between Jean's Yangchow Fried Rice, Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine, and a primavera. If I ask William, I KNOW what he's gonna pick. If one of them doesn't spark interest soon, I'll let him have his way.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 1/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, I think I've n...)
I'm still in limbo too, don't know whether I want spaghetti and meatballs two night in a row.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 1/16?? by cjs (I'm still in limbo t...)
Feel better Denise!

I was going to do Lab's birthday dinner tonight, but the mangos looked awful. It looks like I'll be doing the dinner in parts, because I already had everything for the Grape Pickers' Skillet, so that's what we're having for dinner with a green salad. I think there is an error in the pan they specify in the recipe. I can't believe that everything is going to fit in my 8" skillet, and looking at the pictures, it sure looks like a 10" skillet to me, so that's what I'm going to use. I'll let you know how the pan size works, but will save my review for the end of the month.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday 1/16?? by karyn (Feel better Denise![...)
We're leaving early Wednesday for South America, so to start cleaning out the fridge we had panninis for lunch today (bye bye deli meat) with Bert, and I made a pot of minestrone (bye bye vegis) for dinner--maybe a piece of cheese toast (bye bye cheese). How clever!! And delicious!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".