Trying a New Product
  Re: (...)
We have two wedding shows this weekend. There are actually 3 on the same day, don't know why the folks would have done that in such a small geografcal (sp) area on the same day. So, we will have to split up. He will do mini desserts at one, I will do apps at the other. We found mini cones on a website. They come in several different flavouts. He also bought a holder for them, it kind of looks like a painter's pallette, with 3 tiers. If they get here in time, I'm really looking forward to coming up with different fillings for them. If they don't get here in time, I need to find a Plan B. Might just be shrimp, as we have a freezer full of it. I've never done a wedding show on my own, so this will be very different.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Trying a New Product by Lorraine (We have two wedding ...)
I know you'll do great, Lorraine! Good luck on your first solo! I hope your holder comes in before the show. It sounds like a really slick idea. BTW, the chicken tostado recipe some of us reviewed with Jean a while back were REALLY good.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Trying a New Product by Gourmet_Mom (I know you'll do gre...)
I can't wait to see the pix, Lorraine. What will you use in place of the mini cones if it doesn't come in on time? Can you make mini cream puffs instead? Anxious to hear what you come up with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Trying a New Product by Lorraine (We have two wedding ...)
Good luck, Lorraine!
PJ
  Re: Re: Trying a New Product by pjcooks (Good luck, Lorraine!...)
Knock them out of the water, Lorraine! We know you will. More later.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Trying a New Product by cjs (Knock them out of th...)
Thanks, everyone. We survived the weekend. The cones not only tasted great on their own, but were really good with the parmesan mousse. the pulled pork on cornbread crosatini ( a variation of the 18 hour bread)) only got passed once, as another caterer was serving a whole roasted pig. Hard to compete against that. We got a great sale on shrimp, (21/30 count, buy one lb get 2 free free), so he cooked them, and I put them on knotted bamboo skewers, served with cocktail sauce. They were a huge hit. Gil on the other hand, unfortunatle got the booth beside Boar's Head Inn (where the venue was held). They had several long tables, the Exec Chef, 3e Chef's, and 4 line cooks cooking. they were grilling diver scallops on a frissee and other really high end items. But, the cake balls (basic yellow cake mixed with white chocolate ganache, coated in white chocolate) were a huge hit. As were the mini trifles served in wine glasses, a splash of peach wione, a round of butter pecan cake, chopped peaches, vanilla pudding, and topped off with Orea bits. Not many of them were left!My feet and legs are sure feeling it today.We got some good leads, so I guess it was all worthwhile
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Trying a New Product by Lorraine (Thanks, everyone. W...)
Everything sounds wonderful!! copied and will sit and devour item by item with a cup of coffee.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Trying a New Product by Lorraine (Thanks, everyone. W...)
It all sounds wonderful Lorraine & Gil.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Trying a New Product by Harborwitch (It all sounds wonder...)
It all sounds wonderful! Too bad Gil got stuck like that, though. It doesn't seem fair that the venue would be able to have a booth. Of course they're going to have a major advantage.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Trying a New Product by Gourmet_Mom (It all sounds wonder...)
Well, really tho, it could have gone either way - what a draw to be that close to the sponsors. And, I'll bet Gil held his own with the big guys!!
www.achefsjourney.com