Restaurant: Impossible! 1/19/11
  Re: (...)
OMG! They're doing a restaurant in my town that we went to many moons ago when we got locked out of our faves for Valentine's Day!!

Villari's has been in business for over 60 years and was unremarkable, to say the least.

Now, we may have to revisit!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Restaurant: Impossible! 1/19/11 by BarbaraS (OMG! They're doing ...)
Wow, how much fun is that! I can't wait to hear about it. Keep us updated!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Restaurant: Impossible! 1/19/11 by pjcooks (Wow, how much fun is...)
OOOoooohhh - an Adventure. I do hope it's of the pleasant type. Anticipating a good (if not better) report.

Dale
  Re: Re: Restaurant: Impossible! 1/19/11 by vannin (OOOoooohhh - an Adve...)
Wow! How did I miss this? You'll have to be sure to report back. How exciting!

Wait, I'm confused. (Ain't hard ) Are you saying it airs on 1/19/11, yesterday, they're doing it now- to be aired later, or they are scheduled?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Restaurant: Impossible! 1/19/11 by Gourmet_Mom (Wow! How did I miss...)
Daphne,

It aired 1/19. The thing was, the current owners' father, Paul Villari Jr, passed away after seeing the transformation in person. On the show, they dedicate the episode to him.

For the life of us, we cannot figure what month they did the actual filming. We'll ask when we go there, for sure.

It was a dated and totally forgetable place when we got a reservation TWO DAYS before a Valentine's Day after the Hubby procrastinated calling my fave 1 + 2 restaurants. There is no 3. In fact, 1 and 2 have seriously dropped off the list. Too friggin expensive and not memorable, either.

I'm hoping the addition of the new Executive Chef has made an impression and sticks. Not a great location, but it has history with the "townies". Rumor has it, back in its heyday, it was a local "hangout" and a bit of a gambling site because it was just over the bridge from Philly and Jersey liquor stores are privately owned and had many different hours from the PA State Liquor Control Board rules.

Too cool!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Restaurant: Impossible! 1/19/11 by BarbaraS (Daphne,[br][br]It ai...)
Is this show on Food Network or the Cooking network? Just getting home, we have no idea of the new shows.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Restaurant: Impossible! 1/19/11 by cjs (Is this show on Food...)
Jean, It is food network, don't remember what night though. Started watching, but then I think we went to a movie. Would be interested in hearing how it turned out.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Restaurant: Impossible! 1/19/11 by esgunn (Jean, It is food net...)
Thanks Erin - I'll go look. I feel so far behind in our favorite shows!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Restaurant: Impossible! 1/19/11 by cjs (Thanks Erin - I'll g...)
I think it runs again at 6PM on Sunday the 23rd. I think.
PJ
  Re: Re: Restaurant: Impossible! 1/19/11 by pjcooks (I think it runs agai...)
We watched it, kind of fun. I was hoping for a bit more of Restaurant Makeover (FoodTv CA) and a bit less Gordon Ramesy, but stil fun to watch.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.