T.G.I.F. 1/21st - What's for Dinner??
  Re: (...)
Whoooeee, I'm back in my own kitchen with all my goodies AND I'm hungry again, so today will be fun! First, tho have to go thru my new C@H Issue that was waiting for me - probably play with those sauces PJ talked about, or......

What's on everyone's menu?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. 1/21st - What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Whoooeee, I'm back i...)
We'll come home for a quick dinner between dance class and the Friday night dance. We made a double batch of red chili last night based on the CAH soups book recipe. Subbed cubano peppers from our garden for the bell peppers and Hubby made his own chili powder mix. Also subbed turkey Italian sausage for the regular pork sausage.

It's about as cold here as it ever gets - below zero temps. I think a hot bowl of chili is gonna hit the spot!
  Re: T.G.I.F. 1/21st - What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Whoooeee, I'm back i...)
Jean, glad you are home and on the mend.

I have a sick boy, I have to work a gymnastics meet tomorrow and Stephanie competes on Sunday. I think tonight might be flank steak because that is what I have that is not frozen after a grocery run. I am so tired right now, I just want to go back to bed.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 1/21st - What's for Dinner?? by esgunn (Jean, glad you are h...)
Keep your strength up, Erin - a taxing weekend ahead of you! Steve's gone again?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 1/21st - What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Keep your strength u...)
I am sorry you are so tired Erin, It makes your bones ache, and I used to hear music when I turned the taps on when I was on night duty. I only did 2 nights a week but the band played on all day regardless, all three bands. lol Dale
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 1/21st - What's for Dinner?? by vannin (I am sorry you are s...)
Our last meal of the Portillos sammies from my Secret Santa! One last hurrah before we get serious about our "food restrictions" (read: diets).

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 1/21st - What's for Dinner?? by BarbaraS (Our last meal of the...)
I successfully made it through 2 weeks of work! I am so exhausted. I woke up with a migraine and managed to dull it with medication, but it made for a difficult day. Dinner will be broiled salmon, baked potato, and a ceasar salad. I need easy tonight. Sooooo glad it's Friday.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 1/21st - What's for Dinner?? by chef_Tab (I successfully made ...)
Sure hope you can relax ALL weekend, Theresa!! You don't need to get sick again.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 1/21st - What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Sure hope you can re...)
I wish it was TGIF here! POOH! I have school tomorrow!!!!!!

William begged to go to the farm tonight, so I let him go after he made my coffee for in the morning. I'll have leftovers. Since it's a half day, I don't need to worry about lunch. I'll be home by 1 pm, so a little snack will get me by.

POOH POOH POOH!!!! My only consolation is that I have an optional workday Wednesday (which I will NOT be working) and a workday Thursday. But THEN I have an all day workshop again NEXT SATURDAY!!!!!! And GRADES ARE DUE THURSDAY....which means I'll be working on them Sunday!!!!

POOH POOH POOH!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 1/21st - What's for Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (I wish it was TGIF h...)
Daphne, don't be shy.......tell us how you really feel
You deserve some special cocktails tonight, and go ahead and pack a little special flask for tomorrow too
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!