Potato-Stuffed Poblanos Review - Issue #85
  Re: (...)
with Monterey Jack Cheese - oh my, what's not to love about this dinner?? Except Roy went overboard with the size poblanos he found, the filling would have been fine for 4 nice size. As it is, we had to cut ours in half and now have dinner for Monday!!

[Image: CIMG0308.jpg]

And, for dessert - Tracie gave me some "Grown Upo Kid Stuff" Chocolate sauce with Grand Marnier. Wow, over a bowl of yogurt, died and gone to heaven! What a delicious sauce this is.
[Image: CIMG0312.jpg]

So, our dinner is behind us and what a great dinner it was, too!!

Here's the link to the website for the Grown Up Kid Stuff -
http://www.grownupkidstuff.com/our-story...s-of-jars/

and here's a recipe so off the wall, I'm going to have to try it from their website.
SWEET DIRT STUFFING
1 med onion, chopped
1 lb mushrooms, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ c. pinenuts, toasted
½ c. red wine
¼ c. brewed coffee
2 T. GrownUp KidStuff® Our Original Chocolate Sauce
1 T. olive oil
1 T. butter
In 1 T. olive oil and 1 T. butter sauté the onions and garlic over medium heat until they are soft and beginning to brown. Add the mushrooms and the red wine. Cook over medium heat until the mushrooms start to release their liquid.
Add the coffee and Chocolate Sauce. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated.
Stir in the pine nuts.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Delicious as a stuffing for butternut or acorn squash, chicken breasts, pork chops or a pork roast
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Potato-Stuffed Poblanos Review - Issue #85 by cjs (with Monterey Jack C...)
Good Grief! The size of those peppers! They're enourmous! LOL!

And that sauce! I've never been able to wrap my brain around oranges and chocolate. But I think I've discovered a reason to try. I LOVE Grand Marnier! How could two of my favorite ingredients NOT be good together? GO TRACIE!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Potato-Stuffed Poblanos Review - Issue #85 by Gourmet_Mom (Good Grief! The siz...)
Check the stuffing recipe - we were posting at the same time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Potato-Stuffed Poblanos Review - Issue #85 by cjs (Check the stuffing r...)
OH MY. You had me at pine nuts. I'm off to check the website for this stuff. I'd love to have some by Valentines! BTW, I'd HAVE to add some chocolate cake in that Sundae, too.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Potato-Stuffed Poblanos Review - Issue #85 by Gourmet_Mom (Good Grief! The siz...)
Quote:

I've never been able to wrap my brain around oranges and chocolate.

I love chocolate and orange together! Does anyone remember Swenson's Swiss Orange Chip ice cream? That was my favorite ice cream right next to Carnation's Lemon Custard. Haven't had either in 30 years or more but remember the tastes fondly.

I think I'm going to ask for an ice cream maker for Mother's Day.

The peppers look great Jean!
  Re: Re: Potato-Stuffed Poblanos Review - Issue #85 by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I never have either, Daphne, but I sure don't get even a hint of it in this sauce.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Potato-Stuffed Poblanos Review - Issue #85 by cjs (I never have either,...)
It's funny, I would have never thought I'd like GM, but I fell in love with it! I haven't had any in a long time. I think I'll have to pick up a bottle after payday. A snifter and a cup of coffee are one of the BEST after dinner treats I can think of.

BTW, I finally made it to the site. How on earth did Tracie find this stuff? Obviously it wasn't in a shop....IL and WI seem to be the dominate location for retailers. What a great little food snooper (sniffer? sniffer-outer? whatever!) she is! Thanks, Tracie!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Potato-Stuffed Poblanos Review - Issue #85 by Gourmet_Mom (It's funny, I would ...)
Daphne, I made bittersweet chocolate & orange truffles at Christmas and never gave a single one away. DH and I ate them ALL. They were that wonderful!

Jean, I had those peppers on the menu for this coming week since I went a little nuts and bought 30 pounds of potatoes just before Thanksgiving-- they need to be used up. But I'm going to have to figure out how to use the poblano peppers that I grew last summer and roasted & froze. Maybe layered with the filling? What do you think?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Potato-Stuffed Poblanos Review - Issue #85 by foodfiend (Daphne, I made bitte...)
I think a layered dish would work great - in fact, if your poblanos are large, like the ones Roy got, I think I'd like it better. It would be easier to divide up.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Potato-Stuffed Poblanos Review - Issue #85 by cjs (I think a layered di...)
Well then, these are on the menu for this week! Thanks for the input, Jean.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com