Football Sunday Menus, 1/23??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

Early game, we'll have pizza!! First time in over a month!I'm playing with a new one, sauteed fennel, Taleggio (thank you Allison/cheesemonger! ), and......

Later game, we're trying C@H Caesar salad nachos. Just a grazing kind of day. Almost wish it would snow here. (I know, bite my tongue!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Pizza sounds so good! We have been invited to friends' house for dinner and the games so dinner is a mystery to me. Personally, I would rather graze than have one big meal, but either way, it's a day off from cooking.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? by chef_Tab (Pizza sounds so good...)
Since we have quite a few mussels leftover from the 5lb bag we bought at Costco yesterday, we're going to make a pot of steamers with a white wine/garlic/butter broth and a baguette for dipping. It's supposed to be back up to 80 today so I'm thinking a nice steak and salad would go good with the mussels.
  Re: Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? by Trixxee (Since we have quite ...)
I'm going to finally make the Yangchow rice dish...LOL! This has been on the menu for DAYS! But I'm committed now...shrimp is thawed!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm going to finally...)
Oh man, this is going to be another one of those days I want to be at everyone's homes to share!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? by cjs (Oh man, this is goin...)
Well, we've got plenty!
  Re: Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? by Trixxee (Well, we've got plen...)
I want to go to Trixxee's house! 80 degrees and mussels, oh my!

We're having pizza and salad today. Need an easy dinner as Katie has another basketball game and I have homework to finish.

Jean, we'll be glad to send you some of our snow. It was 6 degrees last night with a high of 12 today! The one nice thing about extreme cold is that the sun is out and the sky is blue. Actually a very pretty day.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? by Mare749 (I want to go to Trix...)
Gotta say this pizza is smelling so wonderful ~ 5 minutes to go.......
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? by cjs (Gotta say this pizza...)
Jean, I can't believe any of that Tallegio made it all the way back to Washington with you!

I have overnight inventory tonight so I won't be making dinner. But I think I'll poach a couple of eggs from yesterday's farmer's market to have with toast and spinach before I head out. I love how rich and yummy fresh eggs are!
Allison aka Younger Bay
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child
  Re: Re: Football Sunday Menus, 1/23?? by cheesemonger (Jean, I can't believ...)
I think I'll make the braised pork chops and cabbage from the new issue. Picky will have hot dogs. That pizza does sound good. And nothing beats fresh eggs, Allison!
PJ