Pork Chops and braised cabbage review new issue
  Re: (...)
This is the fifth and so far the best recipe I've made from this issue.

[Image: DSCN1225.jpg]

Very quick to make. If you use thinner chops, watch your times here. I used a Dutch oven, all that cabbage didn't fit in the skillet. I didn't add the dried cherries, I don't think they would make any difference. The cabbage was slightly sweet and cinnamony, I thought the cinnamon would kill it but it worked. The dumplings were very light and moist. I used natural, not chunky, applesauce, I didn't want to buy a big jar. I also used apple juice instead of cider. Using cake flour instead of AP contributes to the lightness.

A keeper! I will use this cabbage and dumpling recipe as a side for other things, I can see it with ham and turkey.
PJ
  Re: Pork Chops and braised cabbage review new issue by pjcooks (This is the fifth an...)
Thanks for posting a review. I've been looking at this and wondering.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Pork Chops and braised cabbage review new issue by Harborwitch (Thanks for posting a...)
Cabbage, so familar, so welcome, so forgotten, so flexible flavoursome and fabulous. We forget what a star you are.
  Re: Pork Chops and braised cabbage review new issue by pjcooks (This is the fifth an...)
This one really looks tasty, PJ - I hadn't even looked at the recipe. (great picture, too! )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pork Chops and braised cabbage review new issue by cjs ( This one really loo...)
I passed that one over because of the calorie count. It does look really good....
  Re: Re: Pork Chops and braised cabbage review new issue by HomeCulinarian (I passed that one ov...)
Great pic, PJ! And a nice review. I'll have to look at that one, although, we don't usually do dumplings.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pork Chops and braised cabbage review new issue by Gourmet_Mom (Great pic, PJ! And...)
I may be desperately confused. But that looks like a 1/2 pigs head. I do hope I am wrong, but I thought these things were more 'prepared" than is apparent. Now I know Jean will slice my head too.