What's for Dinner, Thursday 1/27??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

Lab's b'day dinner for us. Still haven't decided if I will do maybe a 1/2 batch of churros......I got on the scale this a.m.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday 1/27?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I'm going to use my new tortilla molds for the first time to make chicken tostadas. Looking around for a cilantro salad dressing to toss the greens with.

Off topic - is the site running particularly slow today for anyone else? It's at a crawl for me.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday 1/27?? by Trixxee (I'm going to use my ...)
Haven't noticed it being slow up here, Trixxee.

If you haven't found a dressing to try yet, here's one that we just love -

Cilantro & Green Chile Dressing
From an old Ortega recipe pamphlet.

1 cup (about 1 bunch) fresh cilantro leaves
3/4 cup mayo
3/4 veggie oil
1/2 cup (4-oz can) Ortega diced green chiles
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
1/4 cup (1 oz.) crumbled cotija or feta cheese
1 clove garlic, peeled
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper

Place cilantro, mayo, oil, chiles, vinegar, pumpkin seeds, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in food processor or blender container; cover. Process until coarsely chopped. Cover; chill for 1 hjour or until flavors are blended.

-----
Goes great with this salad: romaine, croutons, Ortega green chile strips, cotija or feta and more pumpkin seeds.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday 1/27?? by cjs (Haven't noticed it b...)
The Cilantro dressing sounds good! We'll give a try.

Tonight we have tickets to the Pacifica Quartet concert. Since it starts at 7:30, we'll probably have a snack before and after - not really a dinner.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday 1/27?? by HomeCulinarian (The Cilantro dressin...)
Mer cy! Using phone...internet out until tomorrow. Having BLTs.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday 1/27?? by HomeCulinarian (The Cilantro dressin...)
Had some of the chicken skillet leftovers for lunch so, considering all of the various bits and pieces I have left from other things I've made (cooked chicken from the skillet, halves of bell peppers of three different colours, red onion, romaine lettuce, etc.) I went to the pulperia around the corner, got some corn tortillas and made chicken tacos. YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?